I was diagnosed with HepC about 2 years ago. Have been abstinent from Alcohol & Drugs for over 4 years.
I just got a blood test back that shows the following:
- HEPATITIS A AB, TOTAL-REACTIVE
- HEPATITIS B SURFACE ANTIBODY QL- NON-REACTIVE
- HEPATITIS B SURFACE ANTIGEN- NON-REACTIVE
- HEPATITIS B CORE AB TOTAL-REACTIVE
- HEPATITIS C ANTIBODY- NON-REACTIVE.
What does this tell me/you regarding Hepatitis A, B & or C?
You had hepatitis A in the past.
You were exposed to hepatitis B in the past, but do not have it now.
The negatve anti-HCV suggests that you do not have hepatitis C, unless other tests like the HCV RNA was positive. Rarely, anti-HCV is negative when someone still has a true HCV infection.
Verify these results and their interpretation for your clinical situation with your physician.