'Thinking About Having a Baby': HIVE's Safer Conception Series
HIVE and our partners have been at the forefront of the global conversation around the reproductive rights of people living with and affected by HIV.
We hold dear the fundamental idea that:
Reproductive rights rest on the recognition of the basic right of all couples and individuals to decide freely and responsibly the number, spacing and timing of their children and to have the information and means to do so. They also include the right to attain the highest standard of sexual and reproductive health.
-- WHO, "Defining Sexual Health," 2002
In recent years, we have developed a suite of patient materials to support people living with and affected by HIV in attaining their reproductive goals. These include brochures that address safer conception and prevention of HIV transmission; fertility for women over 35; the possibility of PrEP for HIV-negative partners; options for single-parenting by choice; and our newest project: parenting options for HIV-affected trans men and trans women.
We proudly present our "Thinking About Having a Baby?" series:
- A Guide for Trans Women Living With HIV
- A Guide for Trans Men Living With HIV
- Safer Conception Options for HIV- Women With Male Partners Who Are Living With HIV
- A Resource for HIV+ Men With Female Partners
- A Guide for Men Living With HIV Who Are Single Parents by Choice or in a Same-Sex Partnership
- A Self-Insemination Guide for Women Living With HIV
- Understanding Fertility: A Guide for Women Over 35
- Is PrEP Right for Me? A Guide for Women
Looking for Spanish versions? Check out our website!
We also have over 100 videos on topics involving sexual and reproductive health of people living with and affected by HIV: www.hiveonline.org/for-you/.
Resources for providers: www.hiveonline.org/for-providers/
We invite you to share these with your teams, communities, clinic staff and patients.
Are there any materials we can make for you?
Have questions or suggestions? E-mail Yamini at email@example.com.