This document contains sexually graphic images and may not be suitable for some audiences.
|Female Condom Dos and Don'ts|
- DO use a female condom from start to finish, every time you have vaginal sex.*
- DO read the condom package insert and check the expiration date.
- DO make sure there are no tears or defects.
- DO use lubricant to help prevent the condom from slipping and tearing.
- DO store female condoms in a cool, dry place.
- DON'T use a male condom with a female condom, as this can cause tearing.
- DON'T reuse a female condom.
- DON'T flush female condoms as they may clog the toilet.
* Female condoms can also be used for anal sex.
How to Insert and Remove a Female Condom
For more information please visit www.cdc.gov/condomeffectiveness.