Reporting in the state of PA


If I had intercourse with a man who were infected with HIV in the state of Pennsylvania would he have to report to the Department of Health so that someone could contact me???


In Pennsylvania, the Health Department does contact tracing and partner notification upon the request of an HIV infected individual. However, an infected person is not required to report sexual contacts. Pennsylvania law also does not require physicians to report sexual contacts to the Health Department.

In Pennsylvania, state law does allow a physician, at his or her own discretion, to advise a known contact of a person with HIV -- that the contact may have been exposed and should be tested -- without disclosing the identity of the person with HIV.