I was just recently diagnosed. I am a healthy, 28 y/o male.
I was prescribed Biktarvy by my ID. And he ordered in my genotype test.
I understand genotype test checks for drug resistance. Should I wait for the test results before I start taking Biktarvy to make sure it's compatible? I want to get this under control ASAP.
Although the test results usually come back pretty quickly, it would be acceptable to start treatment before the results are back, and modify as necessary if resistance was found.