Rash...never can get a good description...


I have small, flat, "fluid-filled" (for lack of a better term) spots on my arms and hands. I have been out in the sun often, but I am concerned about ARS. Can you please describe an ARS rash in english, not doctor-speak. Thanks.

Signed, Worried...


Only a medical doctor can accurately diagnose a rash, and that should be done in a clinical setting, IN PERSON. Dermatologists are particularly trained in diagnosing and treating skin conditions. Even if I were a medical provider, I would be reluctant to diagnose symptoms over the internet. A clinical diagnosis of acute retroviral syndrome must be made in combination with a risk history and laboratory tests.