I ve beed taken of tivikay truvada an put to tivikay combivir for a month due to a supply issue. I switched back . However my 6 month vl and cd4 count should be done next month. Should I wait for longer until the body readjusts. How dangerous are these switches even if 100% adherent? My previous vl was 21 and cd4 count was 557
I would not be concerned with this switch affecting your CD4 count and HIV viral load, as long as there was no gap in treatment. Therefore, I don't think you need to wait longer before you get your follow-up labs.