Is it possible? I found the following message in the internet
"A 10 year old boy, had eaten pineapple about 15 days back, and fell sick, from the day he had eaten. Later when he had his health check done... doctors diagnosed that he had AIDS. His parents couldn't believe it... Then the entire family under went a check-up... none of them suffered from Aids. So the doctors checked again with the boy if he had eaten out... The boy said "yes". He had pineapple that evening. Immediately a group from Malaya Hospital went to the pineapple vendor to check. They found the pineapple seller had a cut on his finger while cutting the pineapple, his blood had spread into the fruit. When they had his blood checked...the guy was suffering from AIDS..... but he himself was NOT aware. Unfortunately the boy is suffering from it now. Please take care while you eat on the road side. Please forward this mail to your dear one."
Hello there This tragic story about a ten-year-old boy contracting HIV through the ingestion of a variety of foods has been Pineapple circulating on the Internet at least since May 2005. In its earliest incarnation, the death-dealing foodstuff was said to be panipuri, a stuffed dumpling appetizer common in India. By March 2006, the deadly ingestible was being described as "a fast food take-away," and by June 2006 it had become pineapple.
No matter what the food, the rumor about a child contracting AIDS in this fashion is false. The Centers for Disease Control emphatically says people cannot acquire HIV via food: No incident of food being contaminated with HIV-infected blood or semen has been reported to CDC. Furthermore, CDC has received no reports of HIV infection resulting from eating food, including condiments.
HIV does not live long outside the body. Even if small amounts of HIV-infected blood or semen was consumed, exposure to the air, heat from cooking, and stomach acid would destroy the virus. Therefore, there is no risk of contracting HIV from eating food.
Take care LHW