FAQs About Prezista (Darunavir)
Feb. 1, 2012
- Is Prezista a good first-line regimen? Is it likely to cause facial wasting?
- Missed a dose of Prezista, Truvada (tenofovir/FTC) and Norvir (ritonavir). How many missed doses are considered "acceptable"?
- Prezista or Edurant (rilpivirine): Which is better for controlling lipid levels and pigmentation?
- Which mutations is Prezista resistant to?
- Should Prezista be used as a first-line regimen?
- After a few months on Prezista, my viral load increased and CD4 count decreased. Is this a sign of resistance?
- Switching from Prezista, Truvada (tenofovir/FTC) and Norvir (ritonavir) to Atripla: Is this a good move?
- My doctor switched me from Atripla to Prezista, Truvada (tenofovir/FTC) and Norvir (ritonavir). However, I am afraid of Prezista-related rash side effects. What alternatives do I have for Prezista?
- Can I switch from Viread (tenofovis) to Prezista to avoid renal toxicity?
- Can Prezista provoke or exacerbate anxiety attacks?
- Can Prezista cause pancreatitis?
- Should someone with a penicillin allergy take Prezista?
- Does Prezista cause testosterone levels to increase?
- I am allergic to sulfa-based medications. Can I take Prezista?
- Are there interactions between Crestor, a medication that treats high cholesterol and triglyceriedes, and Prezista?
For frequently asked questions on other HIV/AIDS topics, click here.