FAQs About H1N1 (Swine) Flu Virus
Jan. 2, 2012
Don't see your question? Ask it in our "Ask the Experts" forums!
See also: FAQs About Flu Vaccines
- Could the seasonal flu vaccine or the H1N1 vaccine cause a viral load blip (slight to moderate rise) sometime after having one?
- My HIV-positive husband accidentally took the live H1N1 vaccine, instead of the injectable vaccine with dead virus that HIVers are advised to take. Should he get the injectable vaccine as well now?
- Could having swine flu possibly affect the accuracy of an HIV test?
- Should I be scared of swine flu?
- Does Tamiflu and Relenza interact adversely with HIV meds? Are HIVers more at risk for catching H1N1?
- Are HIV-positive people less likely to fight off the H1N1 flu?
- Could having the H1N1 flu in any way affect the accuracy of an HIV test?
- I don't have HIV. Is it safe for me to get both the regular and H1N1 flu shots at the same time? What if I did have HIV?
- Can having the flu or swine flu, or taking Tamiflu cause an indeterminate HIV test result?
- Can the H1N1 vaccine work when you have an extremely low CD4 count?
- Should the H1N1 nasal mist be used by HIV-positive people?
- Should the HIV positive get the regular flu shot in addition to the H1N1 vaccine? If I had H1N1 before, does that mean I'm immune to it now?
- Can the H1N1 vaccine be taken by HIVers and is it a live vaccine?
- Should HIV-positive individuals get the H1N1 flu vaccine?
- Does the multi-dosed procedure for swine flu vaccination pose a danger of cross infection?
- What preventive measures should I do to minimize the chances of catching swine flu? And if I catch it, what should I do?
- Should I not travel because of H1N1?
- Are there extra swine flu precautions that HIV-positive people should know about?
- What additional precautions (besides the normal ones) can an HIV-positive person take against swine flu?
For frequently asked questions on other HIV/AIDS topics, click here.