FAQs About Flu Vaccines
Jan. 2, 2012
Don't see your question? Ask it in our "Ask the Experts" forums!
Who Should Get a Flu Shot? | Are Flu Shots Safe for People With HIV? | Flu Shots and HIV Testing | Avian Flu
See also: FAQs About H1N1 (Swine) Flu Virus
- I don't have HIV. Is it safe for me to get both the regular and H1N1 flu shots at the same time? What if I did have HIV?
- I've started a course of antibiotics. Will this affect my flu vaccine?
- I had a reaction to a flu shot three years ago. Now my doctor is recommending another flu shot. What should I do?
- Should everyone with HIV get a flu shot?
- I have an undetectable viral load and a CD4 count of over 400. Should I get a flu shot?
- Should an HIVer who has not started HIV meds or has a low CD4 count get a flu shot?
- Could a flu shot reduce my CD4 count?
- Will getting a flu shot and forgetting to take my HIV meds lead to resistance?
- Can people living with HIV get a flu shot during the summer? Or should we wait until "flu season"?
- Do you recommend flu shots for people taking Atripla (efavirenz/tenofovir/FTC)?
- Could the seasonal flu vaccine or the H1N1 vaccine cause a viral load blip (slight to moderate rise) sometime after having one?
- Can HIV meds help fight the flu?
- Can a flu shot raise someone's lymphocyte count?
- Is getting a flu vaccine worthwhile for someone with HIV? Could getting the shot be dangerous, or is it just futile?
- What are the risks of getting a flu shot?
- I've read that getting a flu shot will make your viral load skyrocket. Is this true? If it is, does that mean that someone with HIV shouldn't get vaccinated?
- Could a flu shot affect my CD4 count?
- My father has AIDS. Should I get a flu shot, or could that harm my dad?
- Was my false positive HIV test result due to my recent flu vaccination?
- Can having the flu or swine flu, or taking Tamiflu cause an indeterminate HIV test result?
- How long after receiving a flu shot should I wait to get an HIV test?
- How long should somebody wait to be tested for HIV after getting a flu vaccine?
- I had a flu shot almost two months ago. Could that shot cause a false-positive HIV test if I get tested for HIV today?
- Can a flu shot affect the results of an HIV test?
For frequently asked questions on other HIV/AIDS topics, click here.