a month ago my doctor order a bloodtest on me because of symtoms that turned out to be associated with colitis. i have been in a monogomous realationship for the last 9 months and was wondering if the bloodtest would show any type of std or hiv. my partner cheated on me about 5 months ago and i have been concerned ever please.


You have to get a blood test specifically for HIV. I have no idea what your blood was tested for. Never assume anything. Go back to your doctor and ask what was done. If you want to get a test for HIV , ask your doctor to check for HIV. For STD's , only syphilis is checked by a a blood test. The other STD's (gonorrhea,chlamydia,trichomonas,herpes) need to be cultured from genital secretions or wherever the infection is