Internship Opportunities at Visual AIDS
AIDS is not over. We need your skills!
Visual AIDS is now accepting applications for our internship positions.
Visual AIDS utilizes art to fight AIDS by provoking dialogue, supporting HIV+ artists, and preserving a legacy, because AIDS is not over.
Interns assist with the ongoing operations of Visual AIDS. Interns may be asked to take on specific projects from start to finish, such as working along side the web developer for the digitalization of the Archive Project. In other cases Interns will be working on multiple projects, such as helping with exhibition preparation, and daily administrative duties.
Internship duties include:
- Managing the Archive database, updating files, archiving information, and assisting artist members.
- Organizing preparation of monthly Web galleries: scanning slides, formatting images (Photoshop), assisting curators and documenting information.
- Social Media projects: researching and updating blogs, Facebook and web page.
- Assisting with our Artists Materials Grant Program.
- Administrative support: fielding phone inquiries, database management, mailings and publicity.
- Assisting with upcoming events, exhibitions and benefits.
Successful intern applicants will be:
- Passionate about the possibilities that exist between art, social justice and HIV
- Interested in current issues around AIDS Awareness, and a willingness to learn
- Knowledgeable about contemporary art, art history and/or graphic design
- Well organized, self-motivated and able to work on several projects at once
- Attention oriented with good communication skills and the ability to thrive in a busy work environment
- Have experience in organizing exhibition and event
- Mac proficient, experienced in scanning slides and use of Photoshop. Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and data entry programs a plus.
Internship is a volunteer position of 12 to 20 hours per week. Visual AIDS is unable to offer financial compensation beyond reasonable reimbursement for travel. While the job is not physically demanding some tasks may require using the stairs, and light lifting. Please enquire with any accessibility questions you may have.
To apply, send a short cover letter with a resume to email@example.com, subject line "Internship".