Hosted by ZieherSmith gallery
DEADLINE: Postmark Thursday, December 10, 2009 (NO late entries)
We invite artists to donate a 4" x 6" original work on paper for our Postcards From the Edge exhibition and benefit sale. Painting, drawing, photography, printmaking and mixed media are all welcome.
Artists must be 18 years or older to participate. Only one entry per artist.
To participate, please carefully follow these steps:
- Download submission form HERE. Complete both Collector and Visual AIDS record form. (If you cannot download submission forms and/or would like a blank Canson postcard mailed to you, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Visual AIDS)
- Create or attach your original artwork on any 4" x 6" heavy weight paper. (Recommended: 140lb watercolor paper or press board.) ONE entry per artist. Click here for more artwork rules and suggestions.
- Sign and Print Name on the BACK only. Indicate the top with an arrow, on the back only.
- Carefully package artwork. Recommended: wrap artwork in wax paper and place between cardboard. DO NOT wrap wet or sticky artwork. DO NOT send charcoal or pastel drawings that are not fixed or easily smear.
- If you need confirmation that we received your artwork, please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard, which will be mailed back to you.
- Include a 6x9 self-addressed envelope with postage for return of UNSOLD work. UNSOLD artwork will NOT be returned unless an SASE is in enclosed. Please include proper USA postage for return of artwork (Recommended: .95¢ for up to 3.5oz). Visual AIDS is not responsible for artwork lost or damaged in the mail.
- Suggested entry donation. We truly appreciate your generous contribution of artwork. We know artists are asked for a lot, however, if you can make an additional donation of $5, $10 or $20 to help cover the expenses of processing and preparing an event of this size, we would be very grateful. As you may know, Postcards From the Edge requires months of preparation, and any additional donation -- whether that be $1 or $100 -- helps keep our overhead cost down. All proceeds support the programs of Visual AIDS. Visual AIDS utilizes art to fight AIDS by provoking dialogue, supporting HIV+ artists and preserving the legacy -- because AIDS IS NOT OVER!
- Mail the following by Thursday, December 10, 2009 to Visual AIDS:
- submission forms
- confirmation card (optional)
- 6"x9" SASE for return of unsold work (optional)
- entry donation (optional)
526 West 26th Street #510
New York, NY 10001
JUST FOR YOU!
All participating artists are invited to attend the Preview Party for FREE
Friday, January 8, 2010 from 6:00 -- 8:00 PM
No need to RSVP, ALL names will be held at the door. Free admission is for participating artist ONLY, additional guests can buy tickets ($75) at the door.
AFTER THE EVENT
Artists requesting return of unsold postcards and those requesting information about the collector of her/his artwork will receive notice in 4-6 weeks. Thanks in advance for your support.
Click HERE for a list of frequently asked questions.