Visual AIDS invites artists to participate in our 11th annual Postcards From the Edge benefit, hosted by Metro Pictures on January 9 & 10, 2009
DEADLINE EXTENDED: All entries must be received by FRIDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2008 (NO late entries)
We are looking for artists to donate a 4" x 6" original work on paper for the exhibition and sale. Painting, drawing, photography, printmaking and mixed media are all welcome.
Postcards From the Edge is a show and sale of original, postcard-sized artworks on paper by established and emerging artists. All artworks are $75 and sold on a first-come, first-served basis. The works are signed on the back and exhibited so that the artists' signatures cannot be seen. While buyers have a list of all participating artists, they don't know who created which piece until it is purchased and the signature is revealed. A collector might end up with a work by a famous artist or one they don't yet know. Either way, they walk away with a great piece of art while supporting the important work of Visual AIDS.
If you would like to participate, please DOWNLOAD Artists Submission Forms here.
- Create or attach your artwork on any 4" x 6" heavy-weight paper. (Recommended: 140lb watercolor paper or press board.) Painting, drawing, printmaking, photography and mixed media are all welcome. One entry per artist.
- Sign and Print Name on the BACK only. Also indicate the top with an arrow.
- Carefully package artwork. Do not wrap wet or sticky artwork. (Recommended: wrap artwork in wax paper and place between thin cardboard.)
- Complete submission forms.
- If you need confirmation that we received your artwork, please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard.
- If you would like your UNSOLD work returned, include a 6x9 self-addressed, stamped envelope. Please attach proper postage for return of artwork (93¢ is suggested). Visual AIDS is not responsible for artwork lost or damaged in the mail. UNSOLD artwork will NOT be returned unless an SASE is enclosed.
- Any additional donation is greatly appreciated.*
- Mail everything back, postmarked by Wed., Dec. 10, 2008 to:
526 West 26th Street #510
New York, NY 10001
If you cannot download submission forms and/or would like a blank Canson postcard mailed to you, please send a 6" x 9" SASE to Visual AIDS.
* We appreciate your generous donation of artwork. Postcards From the Edge requires months of preparation and raises a substantial part of our annual budget. Any additional donation of $1, $5, $20, or more is always welcome. All proceeds support the programs of Visual AIDS.
After the event, artists requesting return of unsold postcards and those requesting information about the collector of her/his artwork will receive notice in 4-6 weeks. Thanks in advance for your support.
JUST FOR YOU!
All participating artists are invited to attend the Preview Party for FREE.
Friday, January 9, 2009 from 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Your only chance to get a sneak peek at the entire show. Participating artists attend FREE! Additional guests can buy tickets at the door.
Benefit Sale -- ONE DAY ONLY!
Saturday, January 10, 2009 from 11:00 - 6:00
$5, suggested admission
Over 1,500 original postcard-sized works of art from wonderful artists like yourself! $75 EACH. Buy 4 cards and get 1 free! First-come, first served.
Come be a part of it, support your fellow artists, build your art collection, and help the important mission of Visual AIDS.
For more information contact Visual AIDS at (212) 627-9855 or email@example.com.