|Visual AIDS Postcards From the Edge Benefit
Visual AIDS invites artists to participate in our tenth annual Postcards From the Edge benefit. We are looking for artists to donate a 4"x6" original work on paper for the exhibition and sale. Painting, drawing, photography, printmaking and mixed media are all welcome. We are pleased to announce our host gallery is James Cohan Gallery.
DEADLINE is postmark Friday, November 9, 2007 (NO late entries)
Postcards From the Edge is a show and sale of original, postcard-sized artworks on paper by established and emerging artists. All artworks are $75 and sold on a first-come, first-served basis. The works are signed on the back and exhibited so that the artists' signatures cannot be seen. While buyers have a list of all participating artists, they don't know who created which piece until it is purchased and the signature is revealed. A collector might end up with a work by a famous artist or one they don't yet know. Either way, they walk away with a great piece of art while supporting Visual AIDS's important work.
If you would like to participate, please DOWNLOAD Artists Submission Forms here.
- Create or attach your artwork on any 4"x6" heavy-weight paper (Recommended: 140lb watercolor paper or press board). Painting, drawing, printmaking, photography and mixed media are all welcome. One entry per artist
- Sign and print name on the BACK only -- also indicate the top with an arrow.
- Carefully package artwork. Do not wrap wet or sticky artwork. (Recommended: wrap artwork in wax paper and place between thin cardboard.)
- Complete both submission forms.
- Note: UNSOLD artwork will NOT be RETURNED, UNLESS a 6x9 self addressed, stamped envelope is included. Please attach proper postage for return of artwork (current US domestic postage for average 6 oz flat letter is $1.65) Visual AIDS is not responsible for lost or damaged artwork in the mail.
- If you need confirmation that we received your artwork, please also send a self-addressed, stamped postcard with your submission.
- Mail your artwork, submission forms and related forms postmarked by Friday, November 9, 2007 to:
526 West 26th Street #510
New York, NY 10001
If you cannot download submission forms and/or would like a blank Canson postcard mailed to you, please send a 6" x 9" SASE to Visual AIDS.
We appreciate your generous donation of artwork. Postcards From the Edge requires months of preparation and raises a substantial part of our annual budget. We are working to make the benefit more financially successful. In the past, many artists have enclosed $1, $5, $10 with their postcards, raising additional funds to help underwrite the benefit. Any and all donations are always greatly appreciated.
After the event, artists requesting return of unsold postcards and those requesting information about the collector of her/his artwork will receive notice in 4-6 weeks. Thanks in advance for your support.
Just For You!
All participating artists are invited to attend the Preview Party for FREE
Friday, November 30 from 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Participating artists attend free. Raffle Tickets for a chance to win a postcard are only $20 each. One lucky winner will select any postcard that evening! Guests and non-participating artists can also attend the event for a $75 admission fee, which includes one free raffle ticket. Sneak peek only -- NO POSTCARD SALES.
Saturday, December 1 World AIDS Day from 12:00 - 6:00 PM &
Sunday, December 3 from 12:00 - 4:00 PM
$5 Suggested Admission for everyone
Over 1000 original postcard-size works of art from wonderful artists like yourself!
ONLY $75 EACH. Buy four cards and get one free.
Cash, checks and credit cards
Come support your fellow artists, build your art collection, buy something special for the holiday and remember AIDS Awareness month, all the while helping out the important mission of Visual AIDS.
For more information, contact Visual AIDS at (212) 627-9855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.