|Visual AIDS Postcards From the Edge Benefit
Download Artists Submission Forms as PDFs here.
Please send postcards by September 30. Late entries make this event difficult to manage and we cannot guarantee their inclusion but we will TRY!
All donations are greatly appreciated.
Thank you artists all.
Visual AIDS invites artists to participate in our eighth annual Postcards From the Edge benefit. We are looking for artists to donate a 4" x 6" original work on paper for the exhibition and sale. Painting, drawing, photography, printmaking and mixed media are welcomed. We are pleased to announce our host gallery is Robert Miller Gallery.
Pre-View Party (no buying!): Sunday, October 16, 2005, 6:00-8:00 PM.
Benefit sale: Monday, October 17, 6:00-9:00 PM & Tuesday, October 18, 10:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Postcards From the Edge is a show and sale of original, postcard-sized artworks on paper by established and emerging artists. All artworks are $50 and sold on a first-come, first-served basis. The works are signed on the back and exhibited so that the artists' signatures cannot be seen. While buyers have a list of all participating artists, they don't know who created which piece until it is purchased and the signature is revealed. A collector might end up with a work by a famous artist or one they don't yet know. Either way, they walk away with a great piece of art while supporting Visual AIDS's important work.
If you would like to participate, please send a 6" x 9" SASE to:
526 West 26th Street #510
New York, NY 10001
Or download submission forms here. Then:
- Create or attach your artwork on any 4" x 6" paper. Painting, drawing, printmaking, photography and mixed media are all welcome.
- Sign it on the BACK only -- and indicate the top with an arrow.
- Complete both submission forms.
- Mail your piece and forms back to Visual AIDS by Friday, September 30, 2005. Please package artwork to prevent damage. Send to:
Visual AIDS, 526 West 26th Street #510, New York, NY 10001
- If you need confirmation that we received your artwork, please send a self-addressed, stamped postcard with your submission.
- Would you consider sending $1.00 for postage and handling, reducing benefit costs? Any additional contributions are greatly appreciated.
One entry per artist
Participating artists invited to attend the Pre-view Party free.
After the benefit, Visual AIDS provides information about the collector of your work or returns unsold work. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.
We hope you can be part of Postcards From the Edge. Last year, we sold 900 of the 1450 postcards submitted by generous artists like you. Thank you in advance.
For more information contact Visual AIDS at (212) 627-9855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.