Asian HIV/AIDS Organizations
Most of the Web sites below have information in both Asian languages and English
- Durbar Mahila Samanwaya Committee (DMSC) (Calcutta)
They operate a help line, mainly for seropositive sex workers and their families.
- HIV Medicine Association of India
Dedicated to optimizing health outcomes for people with HIV / AIDS through India-specific, evidence-based treatment management guidelines, training, research, and advocacy.
- HIV Positive People's Networks in India
- Humjinsi (Mumbai)
This organization of lesbian and bisexual women has a telephone help line, a resource center and helps to organize "Larzish -- An International Film Festival of Sexuality and Gender Pluralities."
- The Humsafar Trust
Workshops, programs and research projects that serve the gay and transgender community in Mumbai.
- Lawyer's Collective (New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore)
Provides free legal services, conducts advocacy and policy research on legal and human rights issues, and develops publications, documentation and trainings through their HIV/AIDS unit.
- Sampada Grameen Mahila Sanstha (SANGRAM) (Sangli, Maharashtra)
SANGRAM focuses on HIV education and prevention work with female sex workers, but their programs also include the larger community, especially women and adolescents.
- Sangama (Bangalore)
Sangama aims to assist sexual minorities through policy and advocacy initiatives, maintaining a library and documentation center and producing publications.
- Solidarity and Action Against the HIV Infection in India
A clearing house for dissemination of research, advocacy, education, funding and training information relevant to fighting HIV in India.
- Solution Exchange for the AIDS Community
United Nations-affiliated group made up of representatives from various organizations who work together on HIV prevention and care.
- The Naz Foundation (India) Trust
Supports a clinic and home for HIV-positive women and their children.
PRISM works on issues concerning sexual minorities through participation in collaborative policy/advocacy initiatives, public education campaigns and building alliances with other marginalized groups.
Sangini operates a telephone help line service for lesbians and women exploring their sexuality.
- TARSHI (Talking About Reproductive and Sexual Health Issues)
Activities include running a telephone help line, developing public education and advocacy initiatives, producing publications on sexuality issues and hosting a sexuality resource center.
- Q-munity (Jakarta)
Showcases art films dealing with homosexuality and HIV/AIDS at its annual gay-themed film festival.
- Spiritia Foundation (Jakarta)
Provides quality care and support for people with HIV/AIDS in Indonesia.
- Asha Jyoti Sahayog Samuha (AJSS)
Rupandehi-based support group for people living with HIV.
- Blue Diamond Society (BDS) (Kathmandu)
This group conducts an STD and HIV prevention program specifically for gay men.
- Women Acting Together for Change (WATCH)
Kathmandu-based organization focusing on women's empowerment: organizes women's groups, provides education on HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.
- Women for Women Forum (WWF)
Aims to create awareness about local issues concerning women, including HIV prevention.
- Aahung (Karachi)
A non-profit sexual health resource center.
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (Lahore)
Their "News and Views" section has articles on HIV in Muslim communities around the world.
- Network of Asia Pacific Youth (NAPY) (Quezon City)
Promotes the sexual and reproductive health and rights of Asia-Pacific youth.
- Philippine NGOs
An extensive list of non-governmental organizations in the Philippines organized by region, many of which provide HIV services or are HIV organizations.
- The Health Action Information Network (HAIN)
Involved in health education and research, it emphasizes reproductive health, including prevention of HIV.
- Lesbian Advocates-Philippines (LeAP!)
Addresses human rights, sexuality, political participation, health and other gender-related issues and concerns.
- Remdedios AIDS Foundation, Inc.
Provides counseling, training, education, prevention services, support services and clinical care.
- Companions on a Journey (Wattala)
This LGBT organization conducts HIV prevention activities and provides care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Center for Studies and Applied Sciences in Gender-Family-Women and Adolescent (CSAGA)
CSAGA addresses domestic violence, child abuse, drug addiction and family planning through free counseling programs, public education and research initiatives.
- Family Health International (FHI)
Works to strengthen governmental response to HIV/AIDS, expand prevention and education programs and support community-based care for people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Institute for Social Development Studies (ISDS)
Conducts research, advocacy, information dissemination efforts and trainings in gender, sexuality, social development and health.
- Population Council
The Population Council's mission is to conduct research on reproductive health and contraceptive choice.