AIDS 2008: Epidemiology & Pathogenesis
- Genital Beading: A Risk Factor for HIV in Taiwanese Men (Posted Sept. 22, 2008)
Tony Szu-Hsien Lee explains the practice of genital beading (inserting small beads underneath the skin of the penis shaft) among injection drug users in Taiwan, and how it may increase HIV risk.
- Newsmaker Interviews: Ceci Connolly (Posted Aug. 26, 2008)
- The Sad Tale of Child Trafficking in Togo (Posted Aug. 20, 2008)
- Systematic Review Unable to Confirm or Deny Swiss Statement on Infection Risk With Undetectable Viral Load (Posted Aug. 8, 2008)
- High HIV Incidence Among Young Thai Men Who Have Sex With Men (Posted Aug. 5, 2008)
- South African Men With Genital Ulcers Have Very High Incidence of HIV and Should Be a Target of Prevention Interventions (Posted Aug. 5, 2008)
- Video & Podcast: New Insights Into HIV Transmission and Pathogenesis (Posted Aug. 4, 2008)
- AAHIVM Responds to Revised CDC HIV Incidence Estimates (Posted Aug. 4, 2008)
From the American Academy of HIV Medicine
- Breaking Down the New U.S. HIV Incidence Figures (Posted Aug. 3, 2008)
Kevin Fenton explains the newly revised official U.S. HIV incidence estimates, which show that approximately 56,000 -- not 40,000 -- individuals per year become infected with HIV in the United States.