The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

What Type Of Doctor Specializes In The Treatment Of Herpes

Here's a taste of what has to offer on this topic:
Get the Facts
AIDS InfoNet

Herpes Simplex (Cold Sores and Genital Herpes)

What Is Herpes? Herpes simplex refers to a group of viruses that infect humans. Like herpes zoster (shingles, see Fact Sheet 509 ), herpes simplex causes painful skin eruptions. Itching and tingling are usually the first signs, followed by a blister that breaks open. The infection stays dormant in nerve cells. This is called "latency." However, it can become active again with no warning. Herpes can be active without symptoms or visible signs....
Ask the Experts

directory & reviews of HIV-specialized doctors in NYC

i live in NYC (manhattan,) have health insurance, and am seeking a new doctor for my HIV treatment. i am looking for a private-practice doctor who is convenient & has a strong reputation. does a directory & reviews of HIV-specialized doctors...
Mark Holodniy, M.D., F.A.C.P., C.I.C.

Response from Mark Holodniy, M.D., F.A.C.P., C.I.C.

Stanford University, School of Medicine
I would look at the AAHIVM website.... Read more »

Special Case In Texas?

Dear Drs.I am fervently hoping I am not a special case here, but thought I would ask the experts due to the medication and existing illness.Background:I am a 40 year old male, with chrohns disease (20 years).I was on prednisone (20mg) for several...
Ryan M. Kull, C.S.W

Response from Ryan M. Kull, C.S.W

Columbia University's Health & Related Services
I'm not going to be able to answer each of your questions in detail because the detail that you are asking for is part of the problem. People who are experiencing acute anxiety (as is the case with you) sometimes obsess about details, often... Read more »

Any shoes, socks, special gear to ease neuropathy?

I've been HIV+ for 10 years, and started experiencing neuropathy during the second year after taking DDI and D4T. After a couple of years, I tried neurontin and elavil to relieve the constant pain from the neuropathy. Since neither worked, I...
Keith Henry, M.D.

Response from Keith Henry, M.D.

University of Minnesota, School of Medicine
If you haven't tried yet I would go see a pain specialist to help design an individualized approach to your major problem. The success rates for a motivated patient are good when managed by a good pain specialist who may employ alternative... Read more »

Black Light Special

Hi Dr. Bob!! Before I ask my question I just wanted to take a minute to thank you so much for the wonderful service you do for so many people across the United States and around the world. You are an angel! The way you handle everyone's...
Robert J. Frascino, M.D.

Response from Robert J. Frascino, M.D.

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation
Hello Betty Blacklight,Thank you for your very kind comments. Now on to your questions:1. Incident 1. Yes, I agree, your 14-week negative test is definitive and conclusive.2. Incident 2. Dry docking fully dressed carries absolutely no risk of HIV... Read more »
Connect With Others

Doctor specializing in HIV

Posted by Anonymous, 1 Reply
Does anyone know of a Doctor who accepts ADAP and specializes in an array of illness besides HIV. I'm HIV positive, however, I'm not comfortable going to an HIV clinic that only specialzes in that area. I no longer have private insurance because I... Read more »

Alternative to Using an Infectious Disease Special

Posted by Choosing2Liv
As I may have mentioned, Ive been EXTREMELY disappointed with my Infectious Disease doctor and his staff. They have canceled two of my last appointments without notice or apology; they typically schedule blood work AFTER my visits and have been... Read more »

Gastroenterologist specialing in HIV in Portland, OR Area

Posted by midwestguy143
I have many digestive issues. My doctor has referred me to his hospital's GI dept, several times, however I don't feel like they are caring about my HIV and how it relates to my GI tract.

Does anyone know of a Gastroenterologist who specials in HIV... Read more »

Trying to find that special someone who understands and cares

Posted by forjkp, 3 Replies
I have had Hep-C for three and a half years now. I knew from the moment that my doctors made me aware of this, the chances of me ever meeting my soal mate or finding that special person in my life would be almost impossible. I'm 55, have a good... Read more »