What Is The Percentage Of The Population That's Been Affected By Gonorrhea
Here's a taste of what TheBody.com has to offer on this topic:
Study Examines How Population's Percentage of Female Commercial Sex Workers Affects HIV/AIDS Prevalence"Size Matters: The Number of Prostitutes and the Global HIV/AIDS Pandemic ," PLoS One : John Talbott of Africans Against AIDS used cross-country linear and multiple regressions based on new UNAIDS data to determine that the number of female... Read more »
Read more »
Read more »
Ask the Experts
Tufts University School of MedicineGenotypes 2 and 3 together make up about 25 percent of the infections in the US. It is found in pockets elsewhere in the world depending on the individual country. The bottom line is that you have the "easiest" to treat genotype. There is... Read more »
Columbia University's Health & Related ServicesConventional wisdom dictates that having one sexually transmitted infection increases the odds that you might be infected with another. Some studies have shown that having a current STI or a history of STIs puts one at greater risk for HIV... Read more »
The Robert James Frascino AIDS FoundationHi Brazil-Guy,Your concerns are largely unwarranted. Gonorrhea can be transmitted via oral sex quite easily and efficiently. HIV, by comparison, cannot. In fact it's quite difficult to transmit HIV via oral sex, particularly via the receptive... Read more »
Nevada State Health Division AIDS ProgramHi. Thank you for your question. Simply put, EVERY segment of thepopulation has been significantly affected by this epidemic, in one respector another. Not everyone has put themselves at risk of infection. But thisdisease has significantly... Read more »
Connect With Others
Posted by jjdietz, 3 RepliesHello,
I was diagnosed with gonorrhea last Saturday. I was given a shot and I'm taking medication. I'm feeling alot better, but I have to finish my medication for another week.
As of April, 2012, my CD4 count was over 2,000 and my viral load was less... Read more »
Posted by AnonymousThe confidence interval is the intervall when 95% of the population will have a positive HIV test. For HIV this is 95%@9-41 days. The other 5% MAY take longer. See following text:
A confidence interval gives an estimated range of... Read more »
Posted by Anonymous, 1 ReplyFirst of all, my sympathy and support for all Americans and prayers specially for those affected by the terrorist attacks.
On a micro scale:
I was confirmed having HSV after an exposure. I am very depressed and scared, could someone please help me... Read more »
Posted by Anonymous, 2 RepliesIf you are infected with another STD like chlamydia or gonorrhea at the sime time you are exposed to HIV, will this "coinfection" slow down the production of HIV antibodies???? or does the same window period still apply????
Read more »
Guides for People With HIV