Advertisement

The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Repeatedly Reactive Hiv 1/2 Initial Indeterminate Hiv-1

Here's a taste of what TheBody.com has to offer on this topic:
Ask the Experts

Pregnant with Meia Abbott reactive and western blot indeterminate! Please help, I'm freaking out! (PREGNANCY AND INDETERMINATE HIV TEST, 2011)

Dear Dr. Frascino, I'm a 27 year old mother to be, pregnant in 18 weeks now from Romania. In my country talking about HIV is a tabu subject and unknown by many people but let's say that I infomed myself during the years about this out of...
Robert J. Frascino, M.D.

Response from Robert J. Frascino, M.D.

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation
Hello Ana,Your initial "weakly positive" MEIA and "indeterminate" WB tests were false-positive/indeterminate results. You are HIV negative as confirmed by your negative follow-up HIV-antibody tests at Bals Institute.Pregnancy can... Read more »

Initial ICMA positive with Indeterminate Western Blot followed by a non-detectable HIV-1 RNA PCR test

Dr.I want to first thank you for having a forum like this. So here it goes...about a week and a... Read more »
Articles
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Repeat Viral Testing of IVF Couples Not Needed: Study

Running repeat tests for HIV and hepatitis B and C on couples before each cycle of in-vitro fertilization treatment is unnecessary, a new study suggests. The initial screening is enough if the couple reports no new risk factors, according to Drs.... Read more »
The Center for AIDS

Research Initiative/Treatment Action! Table of Contents, Summer 2011

Letter From the Executive Director By Paul Simmons, B.S.N., R.N., A.C.R.N. Late HIV Diagnosis: Predictors, Costs, Consequences, and Solutions By Mark Mascolini Getting HIV-Positive People Into Care -- and Keeping Them There By Mark Mascolini ... Read more »
Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

New Online Initiative Promotes Safer Sex, HIV Testing Among Canadian Youth

A new online initiative called One Life is targeting sexually active Canadians 18 to 30 years old and urging them to practice safer sex and undergo HIV testing, the Toronto Star reports. Launched Monday, the campaign, which includes the musical... Read more »
Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Kaiser Daily HIV/AIDS Report Summarizes Reports, Initiatives From International AIDS Conference -- Aug. 8

As part of its expanded coverage of the XVII International AIDS Conference , which is being held Aug. 3 through Aug. 8 in Mexico City, the Kaiser Daily HIV/AIDS Report will feature studies and initiatives released during the conference. Summaries... Read more »
Connect With Others

Reactive Elisa, Non-reactive Western Blot

Posted by Anonymous, 3 Replies
I went in for an HIV antibody test 90 days post-possible exposure and the result came back reactive on the Elisa and non-reactive on the western blot. Are the antibodies produced in response to HIV unique or are they generic to a host of other... Read more »

HIV infection and false reactive VDRL test

Posted by Anonymous, 1 Reply
Hi everyone! Is there a way to relate a false reactive VDRL test with the early stages of HIV infection??? Yesterday, I got my blood tests results, and... HIV came back Negative, but VDRL came back wrong, and they asked me to return today to repeat... Read more »

indeterminate

Posted by Anonymous, 2 Replies
If you had a non- reactive test results 6-12 weeks after a exposure to HIV (exposure not unknown) your chance of it turning poz is nezt to zero. If you had a indeterminate 8 week then there would be a chance of it turning poz. Do some reading kids... Read more »

ARS in 7 days? Repeating symptoms?

Posted by packersman, 2 Replies
A little background: I'm a straight male who had an unprotected one-night-stand with a girl I met in a club seven weeks ago. I don't know her status or have any way of contacting her. Following the encounter, I had the following symptoms. The days... Read more »