Advertisement

The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Dealing With Vomiting When You Are Hiv Positive

Here's a taste of what TheBody.com has to offer on this topic:
Ask the Experts

HIV in vomit??

Hi...I was wondering if it was possible to spread HIV if you came in contact with an HIV positive person's vomit, and had cuts in your hands (not bleeding cuts)? please, this is really important to me and I have been obsessing over this for 4...
Nancy Breuer

Response from Nancy Breuer

WorkPositive, Inc.
Please redirect this question to the forum on transmission, since it isnt' really a workplace question, okay? Thanks.... Read more »

accidentally drank vomit

Hi, there. I went out with my friends last night to some nightclub and it was really dark inside.... Read more »
Articles
Canadian AIDS Treatment Information Exchange

Tips on How to Manage Nausea and Vomiting for Those With HIV

I've been living with HIV for the past 12 years. Lately, I often feel nauseous, sometimes even to the point of throwing up. Why, and what can I do?! -- A.J., Trois-Rivières, QC Troy Grennan, M.D. McMaster University Medical Centre... Read more »
Test Positive Aware Network

My Kind of Life: How I Became My Doctor's Free Continuing Medical Education Provider

I recently lost my position as Editor of the HIV Services Directory that TPAN published for 15 years, basically due to Bush's cuts. I was blessed and found another job during January 2005, as manager at one of the Rapid HIV Testing Programs for... Read more »
TheBody.com

Nausea & Vomiting

Nausea & Vomiting ARE HIV MEDS TO BLAME? All HIV meds, except for Fuzeon (sinceit is injected), can cause nausea. Thefollowing medications seem to be morecommonly associated with nausea: cobicistat (a component of thecombination pill... Read more »
Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Guardian Examines How Uganda's Drought, Food Shortages Affect HIV-Positive People

The Guardian examines how "famine and acute food shortages" in Uganda could affect people living with HIV/AIDS. "The situation is beginning to undermine efforts to fight the virus in the north and east of Uganda, the areas most affected by the... Read more »
Connect With Others

Hiv Positive Dating | Hiv Positive Singles | Hiv Positive Forums | Hiv Positive Chatroom

Posted by Chloe1023, 5 Replies
http://www.Pozspaces.com is a HIV positive singles dating site for individuals who may be HIV positive or have AIDS. We understand that living with this virus/disease can be difficult when it comes to dating. We want to provide the opportunity for... Read more »

Hiv Positive Dating | Hiv Positive Singles | Hiv Positive Forums | Hiv Positive Chatroom

Posted by Pozme
www.Pozspaces.com is a HIV positive singles dating site for individuals who may be HIV positive or have AIDS. We understand that living with this virus/disease can be difficult when it comes to dating. We want to provide the opportunity for those... Read more »

vomit and HIV

Posted by Anonymous, 2 Replies
2 weeks ago I was in a mosh pit with a guy and he vomited and a little bit got on my leg. I checked my leg and I saw no blood, but I had a little cut on my leg from 20 days ago that was not actively bleeding. Could I face risk of HIV? Read more »

Am i HIV positive?

Posted by dying2no, 1 Reply
I met my ex-boyfriend in December, and we soon started seeing each other. We had sex plenty of times, and im sure we used a condom 75 % of the time. the other 25% of the time im not sure. I've had a couple of the symptoms, the muscle aches(in my... Read more »