Advertisement

The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Clearview Hiv 1/2 Stat Pak Generation

Here's a taste of what TheBody.com has to offer on this topic:
Ask the Experts

Happy New Year! Dr. Bob, ($100 dollars donation)..Please help me with this question being asked three times w/o responses....please help me before conducting more test next week..PLEASE

Dear Dr.Bob,Please disregard my earlier question, i wanna donate $100 dollars, not 50 dollars......Sorry to keep writing you this question in the post. I haven't had any responses from you. I know, now, it is new year weekend, i really hope to see...
Robert J. Frascino, M.D.

Response from Robert J. Frascino, M.D.

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation
...Yes.2. It detects it as well as other comparable FDA-approved antibody tests.3. No. The window period is the same.4. Clearview HIV 1/2 would be a third generation test. (Fourth generation tests combine a p24 antigen test with the antibody test.)... Read more »

Hiv testing via clearview stat pak hiv 1/2

Hello there doc,I have a somewhat unique question I guess? Eventhough people pick that intelligent... Read more »

Clearview complete or stat pak accuracy and a donation

Hi Dr. Bob,I am from the Philippines and am currently in the middle east, I pledge a little... Read more »
Articles
New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute

Diagnostic, Monitoring and Resistance Laboratory Tests for HIV

...an HIV antibody test with confirmation by Western blot or indirect immunofluorescence assay to establish diagnosis of chronic HIV infection. HIV antibody screening tests include enzyme immunoassays (ELISA/EIA), chemiluminescent immunoassays... Read more »
The Well Project

HIV Drugs and the HIV Lifecycle

...drugs work by interrupting astep in HIV's lifecycle, thereby stopping HIV "in its tracks." The HIV Lifecycle Once HIV is in the body, it targets and infects a certain type of whiteblood cell called a CD4 cell. HIV then takes over... Read more »
The Well Project

Talking With Your Children About HIV: HIV Awareness for Children

... The Facts About HIV Starting the Discussion Talking to Children of Different Ages Taking Care of Yourself HIV is a tough subject for parents, guardians, and caregivers to discuss with their children. However it is important that... Read more »
AIDS InfoNet

Pregnancy and HIV

...effective. However, they are very expensive and not easily available. Use antiretroviral medications: The risk of transmitting HIV is extremely low if ARVs are used in pregnancy and labor, and the mother does not breastfeed. Transmission rates... Read more »
Connect With Others

Hiv 1/2 reliability vs Hiv-2 stand alone test ?

Posted by SRCHFRANS34, 1 Reply
Does anyone know the % of accuracy for Hiv-2 antibody detection with current Elisa 1/2 antibody tests ? Some of the 4-5 year old posted answers in the archives say 70% accuracy for Hiv-2 , has that changed with today's 1/2 tests ? I'm Finding a... Read more »

Third Generation Test (HIV1 AND 2)

Posted by Anonymous, 1 Reply
...test used in sweden are ELISA third generation test and are HV 1 combined with HIV 2 and and the accurracy is the same for both HIV 1 and 2 But also HIV 1 test in most cases will also pick up HIV 2 but are not as good as HIV 1 and 2 combined in... Read more »

1/2 generation elisa

...It looks like in France mostly Elisa 1 and 2nd generation tests are still being used. Does anybody knows what's the reliability of these tests after 8 weeks. Thanks Read more »

oraquick advanced rapid hiv1/2 (oral swab)

I have taken the test using the oraquick advanced rapid hiv1/2 antibody test (oral swab). I thought I was sure of the negative result that I rcvd at 15 weeks post expo. But I find my self doubting, since the symptoms are more convincing. How much... Read more »