The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Clearview Hiv 1/2 Stat Pak Generation

Here's a taste of what TheBody.com has to offer on this topic:
Ask the Experts

Hiv testing via clearview stat pak hiv 1/2

Hello there doc,I have a somewhat unique question I guess? Eventhough people pick that intelligent brain of yours on a naggingly regular basis =) I am 25 years old i had a risky bar exposure with a girl on feb 1st 2009 that claims to be negative of...
Robert J. Frascino, M.D.

Response from Robert J. Frascino, M.D.

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation
Hello,A 6'4" 240 lb. baseball athlete who is VERY, VERY, VERY anxious and "feels like the worst is coming"???? Hmm . . . you're kind of like the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz. A big strong guy afraid of something that is... Read more »

clearview HIV 1/2 STAT-PAK accuracy and reliabilty.

Today I tested at 105 days with a blood draw at an STD clinc. The test they proformed was the... Read more »

Clearview complete or stat pak accuracy and a donation

Hi Dr. Bob,I am from the Philippines and am currently in the middle east, I pledge a little... Read more »
Articles
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Pakistan: Free Antiretroviral Drugs Are Just First Step

Pakistan has had a low HIV prevalence but now faces an impending epidemic, said Dr. Quaid Saeed, a WHO program officer. High-risk populations like injection drug users and male sex workers need special attention, he said. Factors aiding the spread... Read more »
Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Pediatric HIV/AIDS "Preventable Tragedy," Opinion Piece Says

"The revolution of our generation -- this generation -- is to create a generation free of HIV," Pamela Barnes, president and CEO of the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation , and Nicholas Hellmann, executive vice president of medical and... Read more »

QuickStats: Annual Rates* of Hospitalization With a Diagnosis of HIV/AIDS Among Persons Aged ≥45 Years, by Sex -- National Hospital Discharge Survey, United States, 1997-2007†

Abbreviation: HIV/AIDS = human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. * Per 10,000 population. † Annual hospitalizations estimated from hospital discharges during 1997-2007 with any-listed HIV/AIDS diagnoses codes 042 and... Read more »

New York: HIV Stats Stagger; Black Gay Prevention Panel Offers Sobering Insights

At the Fashion Institute of Technology on Nov. 14, a panel discussed the state of HIV prevention among African-American gay men. The meeting followed a CDC report which found that of 1,767 gay or bisexual men surveyed in five US cities, 46 percent... Read more »
Connect With Others

where do i find info on hiv stats

Posted by Anonymous
I am doing a paper on hiv in teens I need stats on teens in calif. and I would like to narrow the search to my own county. does anyone know where to go or how to do this. thanks for the help! you can E-Mail me at brezep@yahoo.com

Read more »

An article about HIV stats in Africa

Posted by Anonymous, 2 Replies
Hi, allot of attention has been focused on AIDS in Africa. Since most people can not be there to see for themselves what is happening, I believe it is very important to read other peoples reports about what is happening their rather than relying... Read more »

scary stat on hiv & death--makes u wanna not test.

Posted by Anonymous, 2 Replies
check this...-- AIDS patients got both good and bad news on the long-term survival front. A federal report released in March found AIDS patients diagnosed in 1995 lived an average of nearly four years, compared to just 11 months for those diagnosed... Read more »

HIV Stats

Posted by cluelessluke, 1 Reply
Hello!

So I'm trying to learn more about HIV and I came across a table from the CDC which is in the link below,

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/policies/law/risk.html

From my understanding, it seems that if there were 10,000 copies of me (I'm male) all having... Read more »