- AIDSinfo E-News: The new, weekly e-mail newsletter from AIDSinfo, a service of HHS, offers updates on HIV/AIDS research, clinical trials, prevention and treatment (AIDSinfo, 2/18).
- Commitment to Community Program, National Alliance of State & Territorial AIDS Directors, Schering-Plough: The new joint initiative will allow patients accessing antiretroviral medication through state AIDS Drug Assistance Programs to access a national program to provide medication to treat chronic hepatitis C at no cost (NASTAD release, 2/18).
- AIDS & Public Policy Journal, American Bar Association AIDS Coordinating Committee: A special issue of the journal features papers from the committee's national HIV/AIDS Law & Practice conference in New Orleans in January 2004 (ABA release, 2/16).
- American Journal of Public Health: The March 2005 issue of the journal includes the following studies: "A Model Designed to Enhance Informed Consent: Experiences From the HIV Prevention Trials Network," a conceptual framework for an informed consent process based on previous HIV Prevention Trials Network studies, and "Lack of Evidence of Sexual Transmission of Hepatitis C Virus in a Prospective Cohort Study of Men Who Have Sex With Men," which concludes that sexual transmission of HCV among MSM appears to be rare (American Journal of Public Health, March 2005).
- PLoS Medicine: The February 2005 issue of PLoS Medicine contains several articles on HIV/AIDS-related issues, including "A Shot in the Arm for AIDS Vaccine Research," "The Global HIV/AIDS Vaccine Enterprise: Scientific Strategic Plan," "Scaling Up AIDS Treatment: What Is the Potential Impact and What Are the Risks?" and "Individual Level Injection History: A Lack of Association with HIV Incidence in Rural Zimbabwe" (PLoS Medicine, February 2005).
Back to other news for February 23, 2005
Reprinted with permission from kaisernetwork.org. You can view the entire Kaiser Daily HIV/AIDS Report, search the archives, or sign up for email delivery at www.kaisernetwork.org/dailyreports/hiv. The Kaiser Daily HIV/AIDS Report is published for kaisernetwork.org, a free service of the Kaiser Family Foundation, by The Advisory Board Company. © 2005 by The Advisory Board Company and Kaiser Family Foundation. All rights reserved.