- "HIV/AIDS Policy & Law Review," Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network: The April 2005 issue of the review includes the latest developments in courts worldwide, HIV/AIDS-related news in Canada, and international and legal network news ("HIV/AIDS Policy & Law Review," April 2005).
- Indian Journal of Medical Research: The April 2005 issue of the journal contains many articles on HIV/AIDS prevention, social and ethical issues and original research (Indian Journal of Medical Research, April 2005).
- "Fact Sheet: HIV/AIDS in India," Kaiser Family Foundation: The fact sheet provides an overview of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in India, including the latest data on the number of people living with HIV/AIDS, trends and key initiatives in the country (Kaiser Family Foundation, May 2005).
- "Now That You Know: A Guide to Living with HIV," Massachusetts Department of Public Health: The new 28-page guide is designed to help newly diagnosed HIV-positive people choose a physician and locate support groups in the state, as well as enlist specialists who can work with patients to manage their care. The guide is available in English, Spanish, Portuguese and French, and can be ordered at no cost at www.maclearinghouse.com or 1-800-952-6637 (Smith, Boston Globe, 5/10).
- "Slippery AIDS Statistics," American Enterprise Institute: AEI resident fellow Roger Bate argues that the World Health Organization, the Clinton Foundation and other orgranizations are making "costly errors" concerning the number of treated HIV-positive people and the price of antiretroviral drugs. He says the policies will result in "misery for those not sustained by treatment and exacerbate drug-resistance problems for all who are HIV-positive" (Bate, AEI Online, 5/6).
Back to other news for May 12, 2005
Reprinted with permission from kaisernetwork.org. You can view the entire Kaiser Daily HIV/AIDS Report, search the archives, or sign up for email delivery at www.kaisernetwork.org/dailyreports/hiv. The Kaiser Daily HIV/AIDS Report is published for kaisernetwork.org, a free service of the Kaiser Family Foundation, by The Advisory Board Company. © 2004 by The Advisory Board Company and Kaiser Family Foundation. All rights reserved.