Index of Articles From Lambda Legal
- Lambda Legal and ARCW Resolve Discrimination Case on Behalf of HIV-Positive Woman Denied Surgery (December 28, 2010)
"When we brought this lawsuit, it put doctors everywhere on notice: you don't get a free pass to discriminate."
- Lambda Legal Releases Report on HIV Stigma and Discrimination in Advance of World AIDS Day (November 19, 2010)
- White House Invites HIV-Positive Retiree Who Was Evicted from Assisted Living to Attend Meeting (October 25, 2010)
"We are encouraged that the administration is addressing the issue of HIV/AIDS and aging."
- Still No Explanation From California State Agency on Release of Confidential HIV Information: ACLU and Lambda Legal Prepare Further Action (October 19, 2010)
- California State Agency Released Confidential HIV Information: ACLU and Lambda Legal Demand Explanation (September 9, 2010)
- Lambda Legal and HIV-Positive Retiree Settle Lawsuit Against North Little Rock Assisted Living Facility (September 1, 2010)
"The days are long over when a person could hide behind ignorance about HIV as an excuse to throw someone out on the street."
- Federal Court Allows Lambda Legal and ARCW to Proceed to Trial on Behalf of HIV Positive Woman Denied Surgery (July 23, 2010)
- Obama Administration Releases National HIV/AIDS Strategy; Lambda Legal Issues Statement (July 13, 2010)
"This plan is an important and long overdue first step, but it will only succeed with sufficient funding for treatment and education."
- Lambda Legal Applauds Michigan Court Ruling to Drop Bioterrorism Charge Based on Alleged HIV Status of Defendant (June 3, 2010)
"Discrimination and stigma remain problems for people living with HIV because of the misinformation about HIV. A court has to make decisions, as it did here, based on facts not fear."
- Lambda Legal Releases Health Care Discrimination Survey Results; More Than Half of LGBT and HIV Positive Respondents Report Discrimination (February 4, 2010)
"The results of this survey should shock the conscience of this nation. No one should be turned away or face discrimination when they are sick or seeking medical care."
- Petition Against Cirque du Soleil's HIV Discrimination (November 25, 2003)
- Lambda Legal and Communities Launch Protests Against Cirque du Soleil for HIV Discrimination, Starting With "Alegria" Show That Opens Tonight in San Francisco (November 6, 2003)
- Lambda Legal Files Federal Discrimination Complaint On Behalf of Stroke Victim Who Was Denied Care by 6 Louisiana Nursing Homes Because He Has HIV (July 23, 2003)
With more people with HIV and AIDS living longer, Lambda Legal says case is "heartbreaking but not unique".
- Cirque du Soleil Unlawfully Denied Gymnast "Dream Job" Because He Has HIV, Lambda Legal Says in Federal Discrimination Complaint (July 15, 2003)
Skilled gymnast was set for a key role in the Las Vegas show, "Mystere," only to be rejected because he has HIV, despite posing no safety risk.
- Volunteering for Smallpox Vaccination: Information for Health Care Workers (January 15, 2003)
A joint statement from Lambda Legal, amfAR, and the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association.
To read PDF, click here
- Dental, Public Health Associations, and EEOC Challenge Firing of Hygienist With HIV (December 7, 2000)
- Lambda Issues 2000 World AIDS Day Report Card (November 27, 2000)
- "No Lost Causes" (October 1, 2000)
A national conference brings attention to growing plight of prisoners with HIV
- Insurance Company Rebuffed for Denying Benefits to Policyholders With AIDS (June 19, 2000)
- National Conference to Look at Plight of Prisoners With HIV (June 8, 2000)
- Warning: Your Medical Privacy Is at Risk (March 1, 2000)
- Comments on the Department of Health's Revised, Proposed Regulations Implementing the 1998 HIV Reporting and Partner Notification Law (Amending Articles 21 and 27 of the Public Health Law) (January 21, 2000)
- High Court Refuses Appeal by HIV+ Inmates Segregated in Alabama Prisons (January 18, 2000)
- U.S. Supreme Court Declines to Hear HIV Insurance Caps Case (January 10, 2000)