Print this page
Back to Web version of article
Index of Articles From National Minority AIDS Council
- Tell Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson HIV Is Not God's Punishment! (September 10, 2014)
- PrEParing for an HIV Revolution (July 17, 2014)
- New York Wants to End the AIDS Epidemic by 2020 (May 27, 2014)
- Young, but Not So Invincible (April 10, 2014)
- How Much Do We Value Black Gay Men? (August 28, 2013)
- National Minority AIDS Council Lauds Supreme Court Decisions on Same-Sex Marriage (June 26, 2013)
- NMAC Launches Innovative Action Plan to Address HIV Among Black Gay and Bisexual Men (June 5, 2013)
Builds on previous public health strategies to address structural and social contributors to HIV vulnerability.
- RISE Proud: Combating HIV Among Black Gay and Bisexual Men (PDF) (June 5, 2013)
An action plan to mitigate the impact of HIV and AIDS on black gay and bisexual men.
- 35 LGBT Executive Directors Mark Pride With Statement on HIV (June 3, 2013)
- Patient Navigators: Ending the Epidemic (April 4, 2013)
- This Is a Huge Week for LGBT Equality! (March 26, 2013)
- Tell Congress to Stop Devastating Sequester Cuts to AIDS Programs! (February 28, 2013)
- Remembering NAPWA: Ending the Epidemic (February 19, 2013)
- NMAC Marks National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, Releases New Report (February 7, 2013)
- Mass Incarceration, Housing Instability and HIV/AIDS: Research Findings and Policy Recommendations (PDF) (February 2013)
From National Minority AIDS Council and Housing Works
- Help NMAC Launch National Survey of Black Gay and Bisexual Men (December 18, 2012)
- Tell Congress and the President to Prevent Devastating AIDS Cuts! (October 16, 2012)
- For Many Gay Men, We Must Come Out Twice (October 11, 2012)
- Commit to Ending the Epidemic and Sign the Declaration to End HIV/AIDS in America (October 9, 2012)
- Tell Your Representative to Support Cure for AIDS Act! (August 1, 2012)
- Huffington Post: 25 Years Fighting HIV/AIDS in Minority Communities (June 5, 2012)
- NMAC's Big Audacious Goal: World AIDS Day 2011 (December 1, 2011)
- NMAC and Gilead Sciences, Inc., Release PSA for World AIDS Day 2011 (November 30, 2011)
Wendy Williams helps spread the message to end HIV.
- Urge President Obama to Announce Bold Action on World AIDS Day in Order to Ensure the End of the AIDS Epidemic, Both at Home and Abroad! (November 29, 2011)
- As House Slashes HIV Funds, Speaker Boehner Triples DOMA Defense Budget (October 5, 2011)
NMAC finds allocation of funds extremely troubling.
- Legislators Launch Congressional HIV/AIDS Caucus (September 15, 2011)
Aims to maintain U.S. leadership in struggle against epidemic.
- What's Your Game Plan? More Musings From Paul Kawata (August 30, 2011)
- Government Releases National Prevention Strategy (June 16, 2011)
NMAC applauds comprehensive approach, focus on sexual health and disparities.
- We Changed the World! (June 1, 2011)
- Deadline is this Friday, May 13! Ask your Rep. to Sign the FY12 Minority AIDS Initiative Letter! (May 11, 2011)
- Are You Ready? More Musings by Paul Kawata (May 6, 2011)
- NMAC Launches ADAP Action Campaign (April 27, 2011)
- HIV/AIDS Medical Homes: Is This Our Future? (March 30, 2011)
- AIDS Watch 2011 in Washington, DC: February 16-18, 2011 (January 24, 2011)
- Urge Your Elected Officials to Defend the Affordable Care Act (January 6, 2011)
- Who's in Charge? Updates on New Congressional Leadership (December 22, 2010)
Meet the confirmed Republican leadership for the House of Representatives for the 112th Congress.
- Universal Access and Human Rights (December 1, 2010)
- Introducing NMAC's New MILES Training Program (November 10, 2010)
- It Matters! More Musings From Paul Kawata (October 25, 2010)
- NMAC's Paul Kawata: "We Must Address the AIDS Crisis Facing Latinos" in U.S. (October 15, 2010)
- What Is Happening to Our Children? More Musings From Paul Kawata (October 6, 2010)
- Scare the S*** Out of You: Comparing the AIDS Crisis of the 1980s to the ADAP Crisis of Today (September 7, 2010)
- How Did We Get Here? (September 1, 2010)
- Why the Prop 8 Decision Should Be Important to the HIV/AIDS Community (August 10, 2010)
- Fixing ADAP: We Need a Better Solution! (July 29, 2010)
- The Divine Mrs. Peabody: Remembering the Women Behind the Diamonds (July 28, 2010)
- A Letter to President Obama, in Response to Release of National AIDS Strategy (July 13, 2010)
Kawata says, "The blueprint is there ... but now attention must shift to resources."
- NMAC Responds to Release of National AIDS Strategy (July 13, 2010)
Kawata says, "The blueprint is there ... but now attention must shift to resources."
- $25 Million for ADAP Crisis: "A Temporary BAND-AID" (July 9, 2010)
NMAC's Executive Director, Paul Kawata, says, "This is a step in the right direction ... but the situation needs a long-term solution."
- Let's Thank Our President -- And Press Him to Fix ADAP (July 7, 2010)
- Building Local Networks That Can Respond to National, State and Local Challenges (June 29, 2010)
- Ramblings From NMAC Executive Director Paul Kawata About the Developing ADAP Crisis (June 15, 2010)
- NMAC Asks for Your Help Ending S.B. 1070; Promoting Comprehensive Federal Immigration Reform (June 14, 2010)
- NMAC Commemorates the 2010 National Caribbean-American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (June 8, 2010)
- NMAC Honors National Asian and Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (May 19, 2010)
- Sign-On Letter Asks HHS Secretary to Use Prevention and Wellness Fund to Support HIV Prevention (May 12, 2010)
- AIDS Watch at Home 2010: Make Congress Listen Right in Your Own Backyard (May 6, 2010)
- Participate in a Sign-On Letter to Ensure That Infectious Diseases Are Not Left Out of Health Reform Prevention Funding (April 22, 2010)
Deadline for sign-ons: COB tomorrow, Friday, April 23.
- In Recognition of U.S. National Native HIV/AIDS Awareness Day on March 20 (March 19, 2010)
- "I'm Back": A Message From Paul A. Kawata, Executive Director of the National Minority AIDS Council (March 1, 2010)
- Tell HHS That Black Women Openly Living With HIV/AIDS Should Be Represented on PACHA (February 25, 2010)
- NMAC Honors the Tenth Annual National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (February 4, 2010)
- The Budget and Beyond -- A Call to Action for the HIV/AIDS Community and Government Officials (January 28, 2010)
What we need beyond increased funding to end HIV/AIDS in the U.S.
- NMAC Mourns Sen. Edward Kennedy (August 26, 2009)
- U.S. AIDS Organization Workers Apply Now for A Free Scholarship to the USCA Conference! (April 17, 2009)
- Congresswoman Waters Urges Senate to Pass the Stop AIDS in Prison Act (September 25, 2008)
- NMAC Commemorates National Caribbean American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (June 8, 2008)
- New National Policy Partnership Unites Leading Organizations to Speak Out on HIV/AIDS in Minority Communities (February 5, 2007)
- 2005 USCA Cancelled (September 23, 2005)
- Balm in Gilead: 13th Annual Black Church Week of Prayer for Healing of AIDS, March 3-9, 2002 (November 19, 2001)
- Final FY 2002 HIV/AIDS Funding Levels to Be Decided (November 2001)
House-Senate Conference Committee to meet to determine final HIV/AIDS funding
- National Call to Commitment Day Moves Forward with Renewed Hope (September 28, 2001)
- Equal Access Computer Grants Initiative Proposals Being Accepted Now! (September 2001)
- Regional Trainings 2001 (April 2001)
- United States Conference on AIDS (USCA) 2001: Dr. David Ho To Keynote (April 2001)
- National Minority AIDS Council ACTION ALERT: URGENT! Department of Research and Treatment Advocacy (June 10, 1996)
- National Minority AIDS Council Action Alert: Department of Research and Treatment Advocacy: Dangerous Congressional "FDA Reform" Proposals Will Jeopardize The Health Of People Living With HIV! With These Proposals Legislators Seem To Care More About Corporate Agendas Than The Health And Safety Of Their Constituencies. (June 10, 1996)
- Unbalanced Budget Priorities: Congressional & NGA Attempts To Reform Medicaid NMAC Opposes the "Medicaid Restructuring Act of 1996" (June 4, 1996)
- 1996 National Skills Building Conference (May 11, 1996)
- Four Target Cities Chosen To Receive Hands-On Treatment Education Technical Assistance In 1996 (May 2, 1996)
- National AIDS Treatment Advocates Forum: October 6-9, 1996 (October 6-9, 1996)
- Protease Inhibitor Crixivan (Indinavir Sulfate) Approved by FDA (March 15, 1996)
- NMAC Applauds FDA Approval of New Antiretroviral AIDS Drug Crixivan (March 14, 1996)
- NMAC Announces New HIV/AIDS Treatment Education Manual
- House Ryan White CARE Act Reauthorization Bill's Mandatory HIV Testing Provisions Will Negatively Impact Women of Color, by Miguelina Maldonado, Director of Government Relations and Policy
- Moving Beyond Rhetoric, Fantasy and Denial: Medicaid Reform and Unbalanced Budget Priorities, By Margaret Burton Owens, Policy Analyst, National Minority AIDS Council
- The 35Th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. (ICAAC) Can we still be hopeful? By Moisis Agosto
- FY 1996 Appropriations Process Not Completed as We Enter the New Fiscal Year! A Continuing Resolution is Passed to Avoid the Shut Down of Government
- 1995 National AIDS Treatment Advocates Forum Hailed a Success
You can find this article online by typing this address into your Web browser:
General Disclaimer: TheBody.com is designed for educational purposes only and is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services. The information provided through TheBody.com should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or a disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, consult your health care provider.