Index of articles from AIDS InfoNet
Sobre La InfoRed SidaIndice de InfoRed SIDA
The AIDS InfoNet is a project of the New Mexico AIDS Education and Training Center and the International Association of Providers of AIDS Care. The InfoNet was originally designed to make information on HIV/AIDS services and treatments easily accessible in both English and Spanish for residents of New Mexico. It has become an international resource for information on HIV/AIDS.
The information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing health care providers.
InfoNet Fact Sheets
AIDS InfoNet treatment information is provided in the form of single-topic Fact Sheets.
- The Fact Sheet language is non-technical with most Fact Sheets written at the 8th or 9th grade reading level. Although these are not "low literacy" materials, case managers have reported that they are helpful as a focus for discussions with a wide range of clients, and as a "memory jog" for clients who have difficulty reading.
- Fact Sheets are updated frequently to reflect advances in HIV/AIDS therapies. InfoNet users do not need to read multiple reports on a single topic. Each fact sheet is a comprehensive, updated summary. Please check the web site frequently to make sure you have the newest version of each fact sheet!
- Fact Sheets are available in both English and Spanish. Spanish translations are provided by Spanish Concepts of San Francisco, California.
- Most of the Fact Sheets can be printed out on a single-page to facilitate distribution and reading. The Fact Sheets can be read online by people with Internet access. However, many people with HIV/AIDS have no Internet access. The InfoNet project uses the Internet as a means to distribute printable versions of the Fact Sheets. Links from each Internet page permit printing using Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat software.
- Topics include both conventional and alternative/complementary therapies for HIV/AIDS.
How to Reach AIDS InfoNet
PO Box 810
Arroyo Seco, NM 87514