Index of articles from AIDS InfoNet
Sobre La InfoRed SidaIndice de InfoRed SIDA
The AIDS InfoNet is a project of the New Mexico AIDS Education and Training Center in the Infectious Diseases Division of the University of New Mexico School of Medicine. The InfoNet was originally designed to make information on HIV/AIDS services and treatments easily accessible in both English and Spanish for residents of New Mexico. It has become an international resource for information on HIV/AIDS.
The information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing health care providers.
InfoNet Fact Sheets
AIDS InfoNet treatment information is provided in the form of single-topic Fact Sheets.
- The Fact Sheet language is non-technical with most Fact Sheets written at the 8th or 9th grade reading level. Although these are not "low literacy" materials, case managers have reported that they are helpful as a focus for discussions with a wide range of clients, and as a "memory jog" for clients who have difficulty reading.
- Fact Sheets are updated frequently to reflect advances in HIV/AIDS therapies. InfoNet users do not need to read multiple reports on a single topic. Each fact sheet is a comprehensive, updated summary. Please check the web site frequently to make sure you have the newest version of each fact sheet!
- Fact Sheets are available in both English and Spanish. Spanish translations are provided by Spanish Concepts of San Francisco, California.
- Most of the Fact Sheets can be printed out on a single-page to facilitate distribution and reading. The Fact Sheets can be read online by people with Internet access. However, many people with HIV/AIDS have no Internet access. The InfoNet project uses the Internet as a means to distribute printable versions of the Fact Sheets. Links from each Internet page permit printing using Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat software.
- Topics include both conventional and alternative/complementary therapies for HIV/AIDS.
How to Reach AIDS InfoNet
PO Box 810
Arroyo Seco, NM 87514