Diagnostic, Monitoring and Resistance Laboratory Tests for HIV
| Next >
- Pandori MW, Hackett J Jr, Louie B, et al. Assessment of the ability of a fourth-generation immunoassay for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) antibody and p24 antigen to detect both acute and recent HIV infections in a high-risk setting. J Clin Microbiol 2009;47:2639-2642.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. False-positive oral fluid rapid HIV tests -- New York City, 2005-2008. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2008;57:660-665.
- Kanki PJ, DeCock K. Epidemiology and natural history of HIV-2. AIDS 1994;8:S85-S93.
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Proposed WHO criteria for interpreting results from Western blot assays for HIV-1, HIV-2, and HTLV-1/HTLV-II. Wkly Epidemiol Rec 1990;65:281-283.
- Louie M, Louie L, Simor AE. The role of DNA amplification technology in the diagnosis of infectious diseases. CMAJ 2000;163:301-309.
- Schacker T, Collier AC, Hughes J, et al. Clinical and epidemiologic features of primary HIV infection. Ann Intern Med 1996;125:257-264.
- DHHS Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents. Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents. December 2009.
- Nettles RE, Kieffer TL, Kwon P, et al. Intermittent HIV-1 viremia (Blips) and drug resistance in patients receiving HAART. JAMA 2005;293:817-829.
- Lee PK, Kieffer TL, Siliciano RF, et al. HIV-1 viral load blips are of limited clinical significance. J Antimicrob Chemother 2006;57:803-805.
- Barletta JM, Edelman DC, Constantine NT. Lowering the detection limits of HIV-1 viral load using real-time immuno-PCR for HIV-1 p24 antigen. Am J Clin Pathol 2004;122:20-27.
- Vandekerckhove L, Verhofstede C, Vandenbroucke I, et al. Direct comparison with 454 pyrosequencing validates V3-loop based genotyping in patients eligible for Maraviroc initiation. ICAAC, September 15, 2009, San Francisco, CA. Abstract.
- McGovern RA, Dong W, Mo T, et al. Optimization of clinically relevant cutpoints for the determination of HIV co-receptor usage to predict maraviroc responses in treatment-experienced (TE) patients using population V3 genotyping. EACS, November 13, 2009. Cologne, Germany. Abstract.
- Mallal S, Nolan D, Witt C, et al. Association between presence of HLA-B*5701, HLA-DR7, and HLA-DQ3 and hypersensitivity to HIV-1 reverse transcriptase inhibitor abacavir. Lancet 2002;359:727-732.
- Hetherington S, Hughes AR, Mosteller M, et al. Genetic variations in HLA-B region and hypersensitivity reactions to abacavir. Lancet 2002;359:1121-1122.
| Next >
This article was provided by New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute.
Add Your Comment:
(Please note: Your name and comment will be public, and may even show up in
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read TheBody.com's Comment Policy