TheBody.com/TheBodyPRO.com cover the XVIII International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2010)

AIDS 2010: A Final Look

July 23, 2010

I knew AIDS2010 in Vienna would be a great learning experience, but I suppose I didn't expect to feel such profound gratitude for my life and my advantages. Life is such an arbitrary thing; I was born here, you were born there, she was born over there... and that simple geography equation will mean virtually everything when it comes to our human rights, our access to basic health care and services, and how long we will likely live on this planet.

In my final video blog, I introduce you to some people who were attendees as a result of scholarship programs, and I talk to the Chair of AIDS2010 about the importance of every voice being included.

I would also like to express my thanks and great respect for the editorial team from TheBody.com with whom I worked this week. You would assume that great commitment goes into the production of a web site like this one, but it was awesome watching them in action.

Thank you as always, my friends, and please be well.

Mark

Previous Entry -- AIDS 2010 Day Four: The Art of AIDS

Send Mark an e-mail.

Read more of My Fabulous Disease, Mark S. King's video blog, at TheBody.com.

Get e-mail notifications every time Mark's blog is updated.

Visit Mark's live blog at www.MyFabulousDisease.com.

This article was provided by TheBody.com. It is a part of the publication The XVIII International AIDS Conference.

AIDS 2010 Newsroom

Comment by: Juan (Spain) Mon., Sep. 6, 2010 at 11:29 am EDT

Comment by: Diana (Virginia) Fri., Aug. 13, 2010 at 11:30 am EDT
I would like to be more informed about HIV and become and avocate. I think that we need to be more informed and aware of this health condition most people dont talk about. It is not easy to find places to go to get informed. My partner of 5 months just informed me that he was HIV positive and I am struggling to find places to get informed. I called one of the hotlines, and the response did not satisfy my needs plus it looked like she was reading from a paper. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment by: Drew (Sydney (AUS)) Sat., Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:57 am EDT
Hey Mark,
That's ok. I think I had a "bee in my bonnet" when I sent that response. I love your Blog it's always funny yet informative.And has certainly helped me since 2007...when I became a member of this fantastic online community at www.thebody.com

Cheers,
Drew (Sydney, AUS) xxoo

Comment by: Mark S. King (Fort Lauderdale, FL) Tue., Aug. 3, 2010 at 12:14 pm EDT
Oh my. I certainly don't mean to be pompous about that. I was known as "Marcus" for a long time, for "Mark S." So I'm in the habit of saying the middle initial. Like Michael J. Fox wouldn't introduce himself as Michael Fox. Usually in the blogs I just say "This is Mark." I better stick to that. ;]

Comment by: Drew (Sydney, Australia) Sun., Aug. 1, 2010 at 11:18 pm EDT
Hi Mark,
I have enjoyed your Blogs Mark (everyone in fact). But a question on a more serious note. When signing off on an offical document I can understand the use of the middle initial ie

Yours sincerely,
Mark S King

But...
to verbally introduce yourself as Mark S King is very supercilious. I mean your not POTUS.

Maybe it's an American thing?!?!?! Oh, im sure it's an American Thing.

Cheers,
Drew (Sydney, AUS) xxoo

Comment by: (Toronto,Ca) Thu., Jul. 29, 2010 at 11:10 am EDT
Nice video blog. Thank you, I enjoyed your coverage. It was nice to actually see the scene/ scenery/ scientists and the participants

Please note: Knowledge about HIV changes rapidly. Note the date of this summary's publication, and before treating patients or employing any therapies described in these materials, verify all information independently. If you are a patient, please consult a doctor or other medical professional before acting on any of the information presented in this summary. For a complete listing of our most recent conference coverage, click here.

AIDS 2010