Thanks so much for reading and commenting on our articles! We review each comment for approval before it posts on TheBody.com. Please allow a few hours to a few days (typically the case for weekends) for your comment to post.
- Here at TheBody.com, we accept the scientific community's conclusion that HIV is a virus and that it can cause all sorts of damage to the human body, including the constellation of conditions known as AIDS. If you do not believe that HIV causes AIDS and would like to debate this point, kindly do so elsewhere. (The same goes for the fact that FDA-approved HIV medications, on the whole, have saved the lives of millions of people and transformed HIV/AIDS from an almost-inevitably fatal disease into something approaching a chronic condition. If you feel that antiretrovirals do more damage than HIV itself, you'll need to find another place on the Web to express that view.)
- Except in very rare instances, comments at the bottom of articles are not a surefire way to get in touch with the author(s) of that article. Before you write a comment or question and add your e-mail address with the goal of being contacted by the author, check the bottom of the article and make sure the author or interviewee hasn't listed an individual e-mail address; if s/he has, please e-mail her/him/them directly rather than posting a comment for them. If not, we will do our best to forward your comment and contact information to the appropriate person but can make no guarantees.
- If you have a specific health or medical question, please pose the question to one of the many professionals on our "Ask the Experts" forums -- you are infinitely more likely to get a response this way!
- If you are looking to connect with other people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS, please take a look at our bulletin boards. You can sign up for a free, confidential profile and begin communicating with hundreds of HIV-affected people all over the world.
- If you are looking for services, please check out our U.S. AIDS Service Organization (ASO) Finder and our listing of other HIV/AIDS organizations and hotlines in the U.S., as well as our worldwide listing of HIV/AIDS organizations and hotlines.
- We reserve the right to edit comments to remove the personal contact (addresses, phone numbers, e-mails) and other identifying information (full names) of commenters. That portion of the comment will be removed and a note about this omission will be posted along with the comment. If you post a comment using your first and last name, we may replace one or the other with an initial (no note will accompany such an omission).
- Disagreements and productive argument are absolutely welcome in comments; hate speech and/or personal attacks are not, and will not be approved. If the personal attack is made in the context of an otherwise relevant comment, the attack part may be removed and a note about this omission posted along with the comment.
- Comments containing suggestions of Web sites to view or products to consider that are posted by interested readers in good faith and in response to the content they've just read will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will often be approved. Comments whose purpose is solely to tout an irrelevant Web site or product will not be approved.