TheBody.com's mission is to:
- Use the Web to lower barriers between patients and clinicians.
- Demystify HIV/AIDS and its treatment.
- Improve the quality of life for all people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Foster community through human connection.
TheBody.com and its sister site for health care professionals, TheBodyPRO.com
, are part of Remedy Health Media.
- Editorial Director: Myles Helfand
- Site Director: Becky Allen
- Managing Editor: Julie (JD) Davids
- Community Editor: Mathew Rodriguez
- Senior Science Editor: Warren Tong
- Marketing Coordinator: Jaclynne Castellano
- Contributing Editor: Olivia Ford
- Web Producers: Barbara Jungwirth and Ken Stockwell
Board of Advisers
The sole purpose of the Board of Advisers is to attract the very best materials possible. It is not a fiduciary board, and its members serve in their individual capacities. Their organizational affiliations appear for reference only.
- Victoria A. Cargill, M.D., M.S.C.E., Washington, D.C., director of Clinical Studies and Minority Research, National Institutes of Health Office of AIDS Research
- Thomas Coates, M.D., Los Angeles, professor of medicine, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine
- Jennifer Cocohoba, Pharm.D., San Francisco, assistant clinical professor, UCSF School of Pharmacy
- Cal Cohen, M.D., M.S., Boston, research director, Community Research Initiative of New England; clinical instructor, Harvard Medical School; clinical practice at Harvard Vanguard Associates
- Jay Dobkin, M.D., New York, director, AIDS Service, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
- Donna Futterman, M.D., New York, director, Montefiore Medical Center Adolescent AIDS Program
- Joel Gallant, M.D., Baltimore, associate professor of medicine and epidemiology, Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Julio Sergio Gonzalez Montaner, M.D., Vancouver, B.C., director, AIDS Research Program, St. Paul's Hospital, University of British Columbia
- Howard A. Grossman, M.D., New York, former executive director, American Academy of HIV Medicine; clinical trainer in resource-limited countries
- Thomas Hooton, M.D., Seattle, director, University of Washington, Harbor View, Madison Clinic
- Martha Kirkpatrick, M.D., Los Angeles, past vice president, American Psychiatric Association
- Robert J. Levine, M.D., New Haven, Conn., co-chair, Executive Committee, Interdisciplinary Bioethics Project, Yale University
- Vincent Lynch, Ph.D., Boston, director of continuing education, Boston College Graduate School of Social Work; chair, Annual National Conference on Social Work and HIV/AIDS
- J. Allen McCutchan, M.D., San Diego, principal investigator, California Collaborative Treatment Group; co-investigator, AIDS Clinical Trials, UCSD School of Medicine
- Kenneth H. Mayer, M.D., Providence, R.I., director, Brown University AIDS Program
- Robert L. Murphy, M.D., Chicago, medical director, Clinical Treatment Unit, Northwestern University Medical School
- Patrice K. Nicholas, R.N., D.N.Sc., Boston, chairperson, Advanced Practice, MGH Institute of Health Professions
- Richard Novak, M.D., Chicago, director, Infectious Diseases Clinic, University of Illinois
- Andrew Pavia, M.D., Salt Lake City, chief, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of Utah School of Medicine
- Cynthia C. Poindexter, M.S.W., Ph.D., Tarrytown, NY, associate professor, Graduate School of Social Services, Fordham University, Marymount
- William Powderly, M.D., Dublin, Ireland, professor of medicine and therapeutics, University College, Mater University Hospital
- Michael Relf, Ph.D., Washington, D.C., assistant professor and chair, Department of Professional Nursing, Georgetown University
- Douglas Richman, M.D., La Jolla, Calif., professor of medicine and pathology, University of California, San Diego
- Eric Sawyer, New York, AIDS activist
- Betty Turock, New Brunswick, N.J., past president, American Library Association
- Abraham Verghese, M.D., San Antonio, director, Center for Medical Humanities and Ethics, University of Texas
- Charles Von Gunten, M.D., Chicago, director of hospice care, Northwest Memorial Hospital
To Contact Us
TheBody.com's mailing address is:
750 3rd Avenue, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10017
The best way to send us a message is by filling out this form
. We can also be reached by phone at 212-541-8500, but please keep in mind that we are not an HIV/AIDS service organization and cannot provide counseling, support, case management or referrals for health care
. If you need this kind of assistance, please use our listing of hotlines and service organizations throughout the world
to find the help you need!