TheBody.com Spring 2009 Newsletter Sweepstakes
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., age 18 or older.
- Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and wherever prohibited by law. Individuals who have won or received prizes in connection with promotions sponsored by The HealthCentral Network, Inc., the parent company of TheBody.com, within the 90 days preceding the commencement date of this sweepstakes are not eligible. Employees of The HealthCentral Network, Inc. ("Sponsor"), its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and such employees' immediate family and household members, are not eligible. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final in all respects. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- To Enter: The sweepstakes begins at 4 p.m. Eastern Time on April 16, 2009, and ends at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on May 1, 2009. Sponsor will include a link to TheBody.com's Newsletter Registration in one or more of these locations: a special invitation e-mail, regularly scheduled Sponsor newsletters, and/or the Sponsor Web site. To enter, click on the link and follow the instructions to complete fully the Newsletter Registration, including submitting your e-mail address and any other required information. Entries must be received by Sponsor by no later than 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on May 1, 2009. Incomplete entries will be void. Limit one entry per person and one entry per e-mail address. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account identified on the online entry form. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Random Drawing: Five potential winner(s) will be selected in a random drawing conducted by judges designated by Sponsor from all eligible entries received, within 30 business days of the survey deadline. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail, mail or telephone, at Sponsor's discretion. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received. If a potential winner cannot be reached within forty-eight (48) hours of initial notification attempt, he or she may be disqualified and the prize awarded to an alternate winner. Potential winner is subject to verification. Potential winner may be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release within 10 days of attempted delivery of same. If a potential winner is a minor under the laws of his/her state of residency, prize may be awarded in the name of the winner's parent or legal guardian, who must complete any required Affidavit/Release forms. If any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner fails to complete and return any required affidavit or release within the specified time period, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. The winner may be required to produce government-issued identification.
- Prize: Five prizes will be awarded. The prizes consist of one $100 Amazon.com gift card; one $50 Amazon.com gift card; and three $25 Amazon.com gift cards. Gift cards are subject to all terms and restrictions of the company issuing the gift card. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance or use of the prize that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize are the responsibility solely of the winner. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Prizes varies depending on the gift card won. Exact value will depend on market conditions at time of prize fulfillment and where the winner resides. Prize will be awarded if properly claimed. All federal, state and local taxes on prize value are the sole responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued if required by law. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of right to receive prize permitted, except at the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- General Rules: Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of any sweepstakes-related materials, the administration of the sweepstakes or the announcement of any prize. In no event will more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible, delayed, corrupted or misdirected e-mail or entries, or for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware or software, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, loss of data or entry information, or any other human or technical errors of any kind, or any combination of any of the foregoing. Sponsor is not responsible for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user's Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor is not responsible for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with this promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all such submissions by such methods. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes should a virus, bugs, entrant fraud or misconduct, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted on-line and a random drawing to award prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. Entry times will be determined using Sponsor's computer, which will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release and hold Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors and agents, and each of their directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or use of redemption of prize. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of any prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and licensees to use winner's name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- To confirm whether you are a winner, you may e-mail us after May 1, 2009 at email@example.com.
- Sponsor: The HealthCentral Network, Inc.
Copyright © 2009 The HealthCentral Network, Inc. All rights reserved. All brands listed are the trademarks of their respective owners and are not trademarks of The HealthCentral Network, Inc. 2300 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 600, Arlington, Virginia 22201.
This article was provided by TheBody.com.