HIV/AIDS Video Central

• Email Email
  •  (8)
  • Glossary Glossary

Gay Men and HIV: How AIDS 2008 May Change Everything
Chicago writer and HIV advocate Keith Green details what made AIDS 2008 worthwhile -- and how the conference may have made him a stronger, angrier activist for HIV-positive gay men.

The International AIDS Conference is the world's largest gathering of HIV health care professionals, advocates and others in the HIV community. More than 22,000 people attended the 2008 conference in Mexico City.

In addition to these featured videos, visit our XVII International AIDS Conference home page for a great deal of additional coverage, including breaking news, first-person interviews, research summaries and our unique photojournal. More videos to be added weekly!

Gay Men and HIV: How AIDS 2008 May Change Everything

An HIV-Positive Pastor Tells His Story

Reverend Christo Greyling is one of the founding members of a new international network of positive people of faith called INERELA+. In this inspiring video, Christo discusses his life and his take on AIDS 2008.
Using Puppets and Theater for HIV Prevention

In an impromptu theatrical event, Martha Elena Barrios Diaz and her group demonstrate to AIDS 2008 attendees how they use puppets to (graphically) educate Mexican teens about safer sex.
Neophyte HIV Researcher Looks Back on an Incredible Experience

Jeffrey Campbell, a 20-year-old premed student at Princeton University, brings a wide-eyed innocence to this recap of his first International AIDS Conference.
Mexican Delegate Discusses Machismo -- and His Birthday Present

Carlos, a Mexico City native who's been HIV positive for four years, talks about the dangerous impact of machismo in Mexico -- and about why coming to this conference was a birthday gift he gave to himself.
The Eastern European Perspective: A Kazakh Activist's Take on AIDS 2008

Roman Dudnik, an HIV-positive activist from Kazakhstan, discusses how this year's International AIDS Conference is an improvement from past conferences. He also talks about the challenges of being a native Russian speaker at an event where Spanish and English are the primary languages.

Comment by: Tai (Nagoya Japan) Fri., Jul. 17, 2009 at 3:33 am EDT
I was very impressed how people live positive
in Japan. It is still hard to know especially
country side. Do you think one day HIV can be one
of those illness that one can recover completely.
Maybe there is a medicine exists? Don't you think?

Comment by: emmanuel kwame adjei (kumasi/ghana) Wed., Oct. 1, 2008 at 1:36 pm EDT
the world must stand up, because how things are going these days it is getting out of hand. Hmm, I think the religious leaders and the opinion leaders in Ghana have a lot of work to do because their teachings have yet not been put into practice. The entire people should add their voices to it to be productive. God have mercy on us.

Comment by: jesus reyes (culver city) Tue., Sep. 30, 2008 at 6:36 pm EDT
My life is better since i started on the new meds. I went from 48 t-cells february 2008 today t-cell count is 400 with undetectable viral load. Staying healthy is my goal away from christal meth and nurturing myself has became my new quest. I am gratefully with what i have cause i have been positive since 1984 and finally I am doing better due to the new meds and the battle continues stronger now sober and active. thanx ERNESTO REYES

Comment by: Robert (Gutierrez) Fri., Sep. 19, 2008 at 10:48 pm EDT
I would like to THANK everyone that is working to help other positive people like me. When I first was told that I had AIDS in December 2000.I told myself that this deadly virus is not going to destroy, nor kill my life. My immune system was producing on 27 counts. I can't even begin to express how thankful I am that there are persons that coming together to fight and defeat the AIDS virus. As of today, I am glad with joy to share with you that my T-cells count is around five hundred, and that my virus load is undetectable.I am no one special, just a single dad that wants to grow old.I don't know if i will ever made a difference in the fight against HIV/AIDS. I promise that as long as there are persons such as you, I will continue to do my part. That part is to take good care of my health and share my testimony how I got were I am today. I again would like to say "thank you all"

Comment by: lynndale howard (kentucky) Fri., Sep. 19, 2008 at 12:49 pm EDT
It's been truly hard on me but through meds,drs,friends,family,I've made it.I've been postive 5 years now, but I know that I can live along happy life. The hardest part is not having anyone to share life with, but I know one day that will change,hiv does not mean we all need to give up on life,my cd4 levels are udetectable,and i'm on one med. So I'm not giving up on a chance for happiness,and neither should anyone living with HIV or any STD. Just be thankful for the life we all have.

Comment by: John Lucien ( Long Isl. N.Y.) Sat., Sep. 13, 2008 at 4:37 pm EDT
I completely agree theat we have so many Hollywood heavyhitters so focused on third world countries and don"t get me wrong they need help too. But please lets look in our own backyard first. I can't even get transportation to my own Dr's appt's. And we're losing all of our own Ryan White funding. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful that I can get my H.I.V. meds. But believe me we need housing and transportation, and meals right here.

Comment by: emmet (LA) Mon., Sep. 8, 2008 at 5:48 pm EDT
Amazing videos! Keep up the good work. It's great seeing the faces of people from the conference!

Comment by: rev. mboya wycliffe (kisumu-kenya) Wed., Sep. 3, 2008 at 2:40 am EDT
I looked at all these and looks fantastic.I wonder just for how long the Kenyan church will accept this fact.personally being of the same but none at the international level would recognize us,get down to work with us and about the activities,meetings ,sharing,therapies and fun. Based in Kisumu-Kenya we want to build friendships with the globe, region and national.