HIV/AIDS Resource Center for Women
Michelle Lopez Alora Gale Precious Jackson Nina Martinez Gracia Violeta Ross Quiroga Loreen Willenberg
Michelle Alora Precious Nina Gracia Loreen
First Person: Joyce McDonald

1  |  2  |  3  |  Next >

Saved! How HIV Gave Joyce McDonald a New Life

By Myles Helfand

Joyce McDonald

About Joyce
Age: 57
Home: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Diagnosed: 1995

Joyce is an artist in many senses of the word. She is, of course, a literal artist: A talented painter and sculptor, Joyce's works often capture in stark relief the gamut of emotions she's experienced throughout her life. Joyce is also a weaver of words: Not just as a poet or a songwriter (she is both), but also as coordinator and speaker for her church's AIDS ministry and assistant director of its children?s choir. In addition to being a minister in training at her church, she is also dedicated to street ministry, and runs a group at her local women?s shelter. She also practices the art of motherhood in her relationship with her two daughters, two sons-in-law and eight grandchildren.

Yet, more than anything, Joyce's life has become its own work of art, in a way. Her story of prostitution, drug abuse, motherhood and redemption -- as well as her battle with HIV and hepatitis, which she very nearly lost a decade ago -- is as much a piece of art as anything she's created with paint or clay. She has had the opportunity to tell this story on television, radio and print media, as well as on The Body.

Updated May 2008

JOYCE MCDONALD IS NOT your average amazing woman.

If you heard Joyce's story second-hand, you might have a hard time believing it. How could a woman recovering from a 25-year bout with drug addiction -- and living with AIDS and hepatitis C -- become a prolific artist and AIDS activist?

But to meet Joyce McDonald is to believe in not only who she was, but in who she has become. She is an extraordinarily multitalented woman -- 55 years old, she sculpts, paints, speaks and writes about her life and HIV, whenever she's not busy coordinating her church's AIDS ministry. She's also a loving mother and grandmother. Her sculptures -- moments of stirring, tortured emotion captured in clay -- have been exhibited throughout the world, from her church in Brooklyn to East Africa, where slides of her work were displayed to HIV-positive artists in Uganda.

Joyce's open acceptance of her status has, in many ways, helped set her free. It has not only allowed her to confront the demons of her past; it's given her a whole new sense of purpose. She is -- by God's choosing, she says -- one of few people in her Brooklyn housing project ever to publicly discuss her HIV status. In the early 1990s, she said, many people there "believe[d] that if you find out you're HIV positive you've gotta hide." Joyce feels it is her responsibility to give something back; to help others who weren't lucky enough to get the kind of family support she had when she was diagnosed. "I know a lot of stories where people were feeding their [HIV-positive] family members with cups outside their door," she says, "or telling them, 'You can't live here.' Young people I've been working with are sometimes just reduced to crying." Thanks to people like Joyce -- and her pastor at The Church of the Open Door, Rev. Dr. Mark V. C. Taylor, himself an advocate in the fight against AIDS -- those attitudes have significantly shifted over the last decade.

Over the past ten years, Joyce has become a public advocate for HIV/AIDS awareness all over New York City. She holds art shows throughout the year and regularly spends time with hospitalized HIV-positive patients (who she calls her "sisters and brothers") through her church's AIDS Ministry, of which she has recently become the coordinator. She has written a book about her life, entitled Between the Pages, and is considering whether to take the next step and publish it.

Joyce shares her life story, in both prose and verse form, at churches and gatherings throughout New York City. She has a video of herself in which she stands in front of a large church congregation, her eyes closed, swaying slowly as if pushed by a gentle breeze. In the background, a hymn-like melody can be heard, a tune that lingers long after it ends. Joyce's deep, powerful voice echoes through the church as she sings.

My family loved me
But there was nothing they could do
Because Satan was holding me around my ankles
He said, "Joyce McDonald, I got you!"

He tried to make me wanna die
I cut my wrists many times
But I know my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
He came right on time

Joyce slides from verse to verse, tracing her life from childhood through the present. When she finishes -- with a fervent, rapid-fire repetition of "Hallelujah!" and "Thank you, Jesus!" -- the congregation erupts in cheers and applause. Joyce stops swaying, opens her eyes, and breaks into a huge, exhausted smile.

Moments like these make Joyce the magnetic and inspiring person she is. She insists, however, that all the credit go elsewhere: to Jesus Christ, her family, her pastor and the people she's met since her diagnosis. The sheer courage of some of the hospital patients she's visited with her AIDS ministry, she says, inspires her even more to continue her work. "I go there to give people comfort, but they don't know: They comfort me."

Prayer of Hope

"The sheer courage of some of the hospital patients she's visited with her AIDS ministry, she says, inspires her even more to continue her work. 'I go there to give people comfort, but they don't know: They comfort me.'"
Though she has had several medical setbacks since her AIDS diagnosis in 1996 -- including hepatitis C and a life-threatening battle with thyroid cancer in 2001 -- Joyce has never been on antiretroviral regimens, taking only vitamins and Bactrim to stave off pneumonia. Even without meds, her CD4 count remains high and her viral load low. "My doctor just shakes his head in amazement," Joyce says.

Despite 23 years pock-marked with rapes, abusive relationships, prostitution, two daughters born addicted to drugs, and her own long descent into addiction following her father's untimely death, Joyce displays a surprising inner calm. Joyce is well-dressed, her black hair broken only by a single streak of silver running down the left side of her head. To hear her tell her story -- or sing it -- is to begin to understand how a woman could have turned such a seemingly hopeless life into a source of such hope for others.

Some might credit her inner strength; some might credit luck. If you ask Joyce, though, Jesus is the key -- and it's that feeling more than anything that has shaped her return to the world and the remarkable work she now does.

As Joyce sees it, her pivotal moment came slightly more than 13 years ago.

"It was Sunday, November 1993," Joyce begins, squinting a little as though trying to focus on something far away. "I was waiting for the drug dealer on York Street in the [Brooklyn housing] project where I live at. My mother had gone to church, and I was waiting for the drug dealer to come out with the heroin, when I heard a voice in my spirit."

The voice told her to go to church -- something Joyce hadn't done in more than 30 years. She laughed to herself; she had heard voices in her head before. This one, though, was different. "Now I know this voice was God," Joyce says. "And I remember laughing and saying, 'Go to church?' And I went back upstairs and shot up the heroin."

She doesn't remember much of what happened after injecting the heroin: doesn't remember changing her clothes, doesn't remember walking to the church she had attended every Sunday with her family when she was a child. All she remembers is being inside that church, then upstairs in its sanctuary, then Reverend Taylor's call to the altar: "Anyone who wants to change your life, come up and ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart." Before she even realized what had happened -- and to the shock of her mother, who was at the service -- Joyce had walked up to the altar, recited the prayer of confession, and received salvation.

Beginning the Fall

One of seven siblings growing up in the 1960s with her parents in Brooklyn's Farragut housing project, life wasn't easy, but Joyce was happy. Her mother, who spent her days at home, is a religious, emotional woman who used her love as a blanket with which to protect her children. Her father -- a self-taught tailor, cobbler and philosopher who spent 30 loyal years working for the U.S. Postal Service and who Joyce idolizes -- did all he could to lay open to his four sons and three daughters the possibilities outside their housing project's borders.

1  |  2  |  3  |  Next >

TheBody.com's HIV/AIDS Resource Center for African Americans
HIV and Me: An African American's Guide to Living With HIV
More Personal Accounts on African Americans and HIV

Comment by: Doris James (Nigeria) Mon., Nov. 14, 2011 at 11:56 am EST
good to read ur story and is really inspiring...how can i meet dis woman of God and her ministry.....

Comment by: Pastor Larry Childress (oxford,mi) Thu., Sep. 22, 2011 at 2:09 pm EDT
It amazing what the Lord Jesus Christ can do for a woman like Joyce McDonald who loves Jesus Christ who like Mary Magadlene where she was liberated from demon possession; we are in the end time Jesus is performing miracles in lives of people today as he did when he walked on this earth.
Comment by: Joyce McDonald (Bklyn New York) Mon., Oct. 17, 2011 at 4:36 pm EDT
Yes, Pastor Childress, Amen who the Son set free is free indeed. To God be the Glory. May God Bless you for your ministering words of encouragement. Oh How I Love Jesus , because He first loved me.

Comment by: YSHELL (MS) Thu., Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:16 pm EDT
MS.JOYCE YOUR STORY WAS VERY TOUCHIN AND SUCH A BLESSIN IN MY LIFE. THAT WHY I KNOW THERE IS A GOD WHO SIS HI AND LOOK LO.. THUR HIM ALL THING ARE POSSIBLE.. I SAY TO YOU TOSAY CONTINUE TO REACH OUT TO OTHERS, BECAUSE IF WE DONT GO THRU A TEST WE DONT HAVE A TESTIMONY... SO I SAY TO YOU TODAT THAT BY HIS STRIPES YOU ARE ALREADY HEALED..... HOLD YOUR HEAD UP BECAUSE YOU ARE HIS CHILD.... WE ANN GOTTA GO THRU SOMETHING BEFORE WE LEAVE HERE.... WE DONT KNOW WAT, BUT WE HAVE TO.... BE BLESSED SWEETIE, KEEP DOIN GOD'S WILL. HE HAVE A CROWN WITH YOUR NAME ON IT....LOVE ALWAYS......

Comment by: istevenson (atlanta ga) Tue., May. 10, 2011 at 11:32 am EDT
your story was very touching. keep doing what you are doing and may god be with you always.

Comment by: Lauren (Ames, IA) Thu., Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:57 pm EST
Your story is such an inspiration to me. And, to see how you have such an amazing attitude and outlook towards life is a testament to Jesus' grace and love. Thank you so much for all that you do. I would love to meet you. Thank you for sharing your story. You are clearly seeking God and He is giving you the grace to move through each day. What a blessing you must be to those around you and those that read your story. Thank you. I thank God for people like you in this world.

Comment by: DEBORAH (BROOKLYN NEW YORK) Wed., Jan. 5, 2011 at 2:23 pm EST
THE SPIRIT IS REPRESENTED BY A BUTTERFLY WHAT A WONDERFUL CHANGE A METAMORPHOSIS. IF ANY MAN BE IN CHRIST JESUS HE IS A NEW CREATURE BEHOLD ALL THINGS HAVE BECOME NEW . THE GIFTS TALENTS AN ABILITIES THE ENENMY THOUGHT HE BURRIED IN YOU RELEASED INTO THE WORLD TO SHOW SOMEONE ELSE THEY CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST OH PRAISE THE REDEEMER THE RANSOMER OF OUR SOUL LOVE YOU MY BEAUTIFUL BLOODWASHED OVERCOMER BLESS YOU

Comment by: Tess (Midrand) Wed., Sep. 15, 2010 at 12:15 pm EDT
Self healing can work and make you feel better googel Reiki self healing liefde groete

Comment by: sylvi (brooklyn) Sun., Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:18 pm EDT
here is a very beautiful link

http://www.youtube.com/bornhivfree?feature=ticker [Editor's note: It's a link to the Born HIV Free concert and campaign with a video of Paul McCartney performing in front of a huge audience]

Comment by: MELODY (MILWAUKEE) Tue., Jun. 15, 2010 at 1:04 pm EDT
GIRL YOU GO WITH YOUR STORY I'M PROUD OF YOU

Comment by: Jasmine (cincinnati) Sun., Feb. 21, 2010 at 9:51 am EST
O my god that is such a inspriring story i feel bad on my part because i always feel that my life is so bad....but the truth is my life could be so much worse.i really look up to you ms.mcdonald because you showed me that no matter what the case is you can get through it...you are a brave women and i love you for that...P.s from your true #1 fan!

Comment by: Rose (UK) Sun., Jan. 17, 2010 at 10:07 am EST
Please all affected dont give up hope.I know of a God who sees this illness as nothing and its still in the healing miracle business.God never ceases to amaze me.PLEASE ALL ON THIS FORUM VISIT THIS WEBSITE AND WITNESS TESTIMONIES OF HIV PEOPLE HEALED,JUST WITNESS IT AND WATCH THE VIDEO. http://www.enterthehealingschool.org/videos/videos.php?cat=4
Really amazing. dont give up hope.

Comment by: Joyce (Brooklyn, New York) Sat., Jan. 9, 2010 at 1:01 am EST
Matshpo, I hear you. Can you call 718 9070763 and leave your number and a good time for us to talk. Trust in God he can make a way out of know way. I give all honor to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I know him for myself.
It is because of his mercy & Grace I have made it this far. Give 2010 to God.

Comment by: Matshepo De Bruin (Mmamelodi pretoria) Fri., Jan. 8, 2010 at 8:22 am EST
halo joyce am HIV POSITIVE n would like to have baby but i dont know how to do it please contact me on this number 073 228 7679

Comment by: charice (PA) Sun., Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:52 pm EST
I am so inspired I am adding a blog post about your story to share with other women to inspire them as well. Happy New Year and thank you for sharing your story. God has a purpose for everyone and yours rings true!

Comment by: vivian (ny) Sat., Jan. 2, 2010 at 9:22 pm EST
Mss. Joyce Happy New Year for you and your lovely family and the grup that you belong also please receive b my regards whit a lot of love

Comment by: Joyce McDonald (Brooklyn, New York) Mon., Dec. 14, 2009 at 1:00 pm EST
Ann, I appreciate your words of encouragement, I am sure you are also have something to offer people or your family. My website is www.jm-ministries.com or you can email me directly at joyce-mac@mailstation.com Again I truly appreciate you and all who take the time to get in touch it is a touch of encouuragement that help me to continue this sometime seemingly down hill battle.

Comment by: Anne gerald (Nairobi,kenya) Fri., Dec. 11, 2009 at 6:22 pm EST
Hi, am so encouraged by story. U r a strong woman and an important person in the society. Welldone

Comment by: Wed., Nov. 4, 2009 at 10:59 pm EST
Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to write such kind and encouraging words. May God bless you.

Comment by: Itati (brooklyn) Wed., Oct. 28, 2009 at 8:09 pm EDT
Mss. Joyce thank GOD we still have a people like yu whit that big and powerful mind thank you also for doing a grate job you are an amazing lady , I see you many times and I never know that inside of you is a woman with hope for others GOD BLESS YOU and you will be on my prayers every day thank you for being in this world

Comment by: JM ( Bklyn) Wed., Oct. 28, 2009 at 6:11 pm EDT
HIV AIDS Is Not The End Having No Hope Is

Comment by: Itati (brooklyn) Tue., Oct. 27, 2009 at 9:41 pm EDT
Dear Joyce I see you many times, and I never know what you going through But GOD inspired you ;and you will be always in my prayers thank you for exist here whit us and you are the best;well done Joyce

Comment by: (GA) Tue., Oct. 20, 2009 at 10:49 pm EDT
Joyce your story was very touching.I am a 27 female I found out I was HIV postive when I was 25 the first thing came to mind was my 9 year old daughter and being able to see her grownot to mention getting married and just being able to live a normal life.I still have not told a soul accept for the doctors I see.I just really want to thank you for telling your story everyday I pray for the courage to tell mine.God bless

Comment by: Joyce McDonald (Bklyn N, Y.) Mon., Oct. 19, 2009 at 12:52 am EDT
I will be praying for you, there are ways you can strengthen yourself and empower your
self that will increase your courage. Take a deep breathe, let it out slowly. HIV is not the end, having no hope is. Please email me joyce-mac@mailstation.com I hear your cry

Comment by: ANOYNOMUS (ATLANTA) Fri., Oct. 9, 2009 at 12:42 am EDT
JOYCE.....IM SO SCARED. IM LIVING WITH HIV AND HAS KEPT IT AS A BIG SECRET FROM MY BOYFRIEND. I LOVE HIM BUT IM SCARED. I DONT KNOW HOW TO HANDLE ALL OF THIS. I JUSY WANT TO LIVE TO SEE MY DAUGHTER GROW UP. PLEASE I NEED HELP ITS PLENTY OF DAYS THAT GO BY THAT I WANT TO GIVE UP BUT MY DAUGHTER NEEDS ME.....{CRYING}

Comment by: mamello (south africa) Wed., Jul. 29, 2009 at 2:52 am EDT
we were asking that how can hepatitis be cured

Comment by: Joyce Sun., Jul. 26, 2009 at 2:55 am EDT
Thank you again for all of your encouragement and prayer. If you would like to connect more in a personal confidential way, you are welcome to send me your email address or phone number. My prayers are with you all. contact me by phone: 718 9070763 my email joyce-mac@hotmail.com
www.jm-ministries joyce McDonald

Comment by: Melody (Edgware UK) Fri., Jun. 19, 2009 at 3:27 am EDT
God bless you girl, He is the only one we have in this time of need. May He also bless your work and your family. Were your teen kids also tested of both HIV and HCV? If so, how did you go about having your kids tested? My heart goes to you brave woman.

Comment by: Deb McDonald Jackson (Spotswood, NJ) Mon., May. 4, 2009 at 8:14 pm EDT
God Bless you Joyce,
You are a phenomenal woman. You've always been my idol and now my spiritual advisor. You inspired me to continue to press on with my life. I am so proud of you and what God continues to do in your life.
Love you,
Deb~

Comment by: Denise (Brooklyn, N.Y.) Fri., Apr. 17, 2009 at 1:52 pm EDT
ALL POWER
ALL GLORY
ALL HONOR BELONG TO OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST

I GREET YOU IN HIS NAME

I ATTENDED THE ORDINATION FOR SISTER JOYCE MCDONALD ON MAR. 29TH

I AM TRULY AMAZED WHAT GOD HAS AND IS DOING IN YOUR LIFE

CONTINUE TO KEEP GOD FIRST
YOU HAVE MY LOVE AND PRAYERS
REV. JOYCE MCDONALD

Comment by: MELISSE (SALT LAKE CITY,UT) Fri., Mar. 20, 2009 at 3:26 pm EDT
I HAVE HAD THIS SINCE 4/16/98. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE IN UTAH IS THERE WOMEN SUPPORT GROUPS FOR WOMEN WITH AIDS I ALMOST DIED ONCE WITH IT AND HAD ONLY 24 T-CELLS NOW I'M ALMOST A LOT BETTER. I WOULD LIKE TO THANK JOYCE FOR HER STRENGTH IN HELPING PEOPLE WITH IT. ALSO WOULD ALSO LIKE TO HELP ME BUT DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHERE TO START.

Comment by: chipo (manchester) Fri., Mar. 20, 2009 at 12:02 pm EDT
u a so great u have shown people that there is life after hiv god bless u

Comment by: Jennifer (Nairobi, Kenya) Tue., Mar. 10, 2009 at 9:41 am EDT
U r an amazing person. I tested HIV positive in 2001, then my boyfriend left me though I got it from him. He is still alive and so am I. The only rejection I ever felt was when my sister took it upon herself to tell everyone the people she could that I was going to die. She would sit and gossip about me with my boyfriend who was accusing me of infecting him.

It has taken me four years to accept myself and status. I have gone through depression, got hospitalised, lost my job coz of my status........Goodness.

Now, Am back. I am not taking antiretrovirals. I take vitamins and supplements and I am in a new relationship. My new boyfriend loves me to bits and I am happy now.

Comment by: EBONY THOMAS (PENNSYLVANIA,PA) Thu., Mar. 5, 2009 at 6:31 am EST
WOW GRANDMA I'M GLAD TO CALL U THAT..
I'M PROUD TO HAVE SOMEONE IN MY FAMILY THAT HAS AIDS AND THAT IS TRYING TO OVERCOME IT BY HELPING OTHERS DO THE SAME..
SO YES I'M PROUD!!
LOVE U

Comment by: Denise (Brooklyn New York) Thu., Feb. 19, 2009 at 8:18 pm EST
You are always in my prayers

Comment by: Lavonnia (Charlotte, NC) Tue., Dec. 30, 2008 at 12:16 am EST
Thank you so much for sharing your story. Even though I haven't been diagnosed with HIV i qualify to have by God's grace and mercy I am able to love someone who is HIV positive unconditionally. I pray God's mercy and grace continues to cover as it has through the years. I am an ex-drug addict herion user, ex-prositute and crack cocaine smoker who has turned my life around for the better. I too, desire to advocate for people living with HIV and AIDS. You have inspired me to make positive changes towards becoming and advocate and spokes woman for loving and someone intimately who lives with this deadly disease that won't allow me to discriminate who God puts in my path for me to love. Amen.

Comment by: Joyce McDonald (Brooklyn, New York) Mon., Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:31 pm EST
To all my brothers and sisters, Thank you for your words of encouragement and may God continue to bless you. My email is joyce-mac@hotmail for those who want to contact me directly.
Also you can log on to www.jm-ministries.com
Again thank you for your encouragement.... joyce mcdonald

Comment by: Linda Laverne-Gates (England, uk) Wed., Nov. 5, 2008 at 8:55 am EST
Joyce, you are such an inspiration, your story has touched me so deeply, you have such a strong spirit which refuses to be extinguished...I am reaching out to you, and pray that you stay strong and healthy. Bless you, sweet lady.

Comment by: John Charley (NJ) Thu., Oct. 30, 2008 at 11:30 am EDT
Does anyone have Joyce's email or some form of contact information? Please contact john_charley@mac.com if you do. Thank you so much in advance.

Comment by: relaxed (brooklyn ny) Sat., Oct. 25, 2008 at 1:08 am EDT
every time you walked through the project and i see y i keep a smile on my face. you are a good woman.

Comment by: Thandi sithole SA Tue., Aug. 19, 2008 at 8:52 am EDT
your story is very inspiring. keep up the good work. u give us hope for a great future ahead.

Comment by: Mario Cameau Wed., Jun. 25, 2008 at 4:04 pm EDT
I thank God for sisters like you who are willing to share there testimonies on this level. So many people are affected every single day because of sheer neglegiance. Its good to have sisters such as yourself who has a relationship with God through Jesus Christ to share the good news and the life that God wants us to live. Be encouraged in all your endeavors and continue to let God use you for this special mission... The bible says in Philippian 1:21 " To live is CHRIST and to die is Gain" so please keep living. Your brother in Christ.. Mario... PS..I Hope to see you on July 26 for the talkshow... God bless you sis

Comment by: Rebecca Erenrich Thu., Jun. 19, 2008 at 3:52 pm EDT
Dear Grace,

You're misinformed about several things. A few points: First, Jeremiah Wright did not say that HIV does not exist or that it is harmless. In fact, he said that HIV was created to kill African Americans, which implies that the virus exists and that it is deadly. Wright is mistaken about the origins of HIV, but he is right about its nature. It exists and without treatment it kills.

We know that HIV damages the immune system because people with HIV have lower levels of CD4 cells than people who aren't infected, and people with lower CD4 counts are much more vulnerable to infections.

Second: Yes, HIV drugs are "toxic" -- that just means that like almost all medications, they sometimes come with side effects. However, the evidence that HIV medications save lives is overwhelming. When good HIV treatment became available in the U.S. in the mid-1990s, deaths from AIDS fell. Today, people continue to die from AIDS because they don't get the treatment they need. That can happen for many reasons -- because they are diagnosed too late, because they can't afford treatment, because they have developed resistance to existing drugs and, sometimes, because someone convinced them that life-saving HIV medications are dangerous. If you want to help people with HIV, encourage them to learn about the disease and demand the treatment they need.

Comment by: GRACE PAYTON Sun., Jun. 15, 2008 at 2:27 pm EDT
DON'T TAKE THE POISON RX THE DRs ARE GIVING.
OBAMA'S PREACHER... REVEREND WRIGHT IS RIGHT!!!
THEY ARE KILLING PATIENTS WHO HAVE A HARMLESS
VIRUS IN THEIR BODIES. IT'S GENOCIDE!!!
READ THE FOLLOWING BOOKS:
"INVENTING THE AIDS VIRUS" BY PETER DUESBERG AND
"POISON BY PRESCRIPTION" AND
"WAR ON AIDS" BY JOHN LAURITSEN
HIV DOES NOT CAUSE AIDS. IT'S A FRAUD COMMITTED
BY THE CDC, NIH AND FDA. FOLLOW THE RESEARCH $$.
IMMUNE DEFICIENCY (AIDS) IS CAUSED BY TOXIC DRUGS
AND MALNUTRITION. AND THE DRs ARE GIVING OUT
TOXIC DRUGS TO "TREAT" THEIR PATIENTS...AND SURE
ENUF, THEY DIE. BUT NOT FROM THE HIV.. BUT FROM
THE TOXIC RX. RECREATIONAL DRUGS ARE TOXIC AND
OVER TIME, THEY DESTROY THE IMMUNE SYSTEM.
DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT. PLEASE, READ THOSE
BOOKS... AND SPREAD THE WORD. IT WILL SHOCK THE
WORLD. BUT EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW.
I DON'T HAVE AIDS BUT I CAN'T STAND TO SEE PEOPLE
SUFFER... ESPECIALLY THE INNOCENT CHILDREN AND
BABIES, WHO HAVE BEEN FED THESE POISONS. PLEASE
STOP THE MURDER THAT THESE RESEARCHERS HAVE GIVEN
THE DRs TO DO.

Comment by: Agudze Wed., Jun. 11, 2008 at 9:17 am EDT
Great story full of hope. I am touched by the fact that Joyce never gave up and her mother stood by her and directed her two daughters on a good course of life.

Comment by: deeva Thu., Jun. 5, 2008 at 3:44 am EDT
just reading a story bout a pheomonal woman who inspires me to go into the trenches and do.I am a native NYCER living in nj with no support on par on what yours are especially for us over the age of 50yr+could you help in organizing something? thank you

Comment by: Pmt Fri., May. 23, 2008 at 2:43 pm EDT
Joyce is a remarkable woman, keep up the good work, she surely inspires many people who are living with hiv / aids...........there is a life after hiv / aids, you just have to take the right way ...........