Dear Academy Member:
Funds for Federal HIV programs hang in the balance, and Academy members and credentialed HIV Specialists™ are critical in making a difference RIGHT NOW.
Last week, the House of Representatives marked up their bill to fund health programs for next year. Those potential
- $99 million for Ryan White, including:
- $23 million increase for Title III (a 12% increase over last year -- the highest increase of any HIV-related health program and better than almost any health program in the bill!
- $41 million increase for ADAP
- $64 million for HIV prevention
- $750 million for NIH
The increases are crucial to these programs but are not locked in. The Senate debates the bill this week and has less money in their budget to allocate. Also looming is the threat of a Presidential veto.
We must fight for these increases to be kept into the Senate bill. I know you hear a lot from us with urgent messages, but THIS COULD BE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT CALL YOU MAKE THIS YEAR! We need you to make this call today or tomorrow!
- Call the Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and be connected to your Senator's office
- Ask to speak with the health legislative assistant in that office and say:
- "I'm a clinician treating patients with HIV/AIDS and it is vital that Part C of the Ryan White Program receive the $23 million increase over last year that was included in the House bill from last week."
Feel free to add to that message -- or create your own -- emphasizing the above priorities (ADAP, CDC, NIH).
Do your part right now to let your senators know how critical these increases are to quality HIV care for the patients you serve.
Please call today!
Director of Public Policy