Renewing the Commitment: The 2005 Reauthorization of the Ryan White CARE Act
- Health Resources and Services Administration, "The AIDS Epidemic and the Ryan White CARE Act: Past Progress, Future Challenges," 2003.
- Health Resources and Services Administration fact sheet, "Ryan White CARE Act: CARE Act Overview" July 2002.
- International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care, "HAART Slashed AIDS Deaths by 80 Percent." IAPAC Monthly, Nov 2003, p. 279.
- Health Resources and Services Administration fact sheets, "African Americans and HIV/AIDS," "Women and HIV/AIDS," and "Hispanics and HIV/AIDS," July 2002.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report." Vol. 15; 2004.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "Deaths: Final Data for 2002," National Vital Statistics Report 53.5 (October 2004); Kaiser Family Foundation fact sheet, "African Americans and HIV/AIDS," February 2005.
- Kaiser, Ibid.
- Kaiser, Ibid.
- CDC Surveillance Report, op. cit.
- Arthur J. Ammann, "Pediatric Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection." Immunologic Disorders in Infants and Children. Edited by E.R. Stiehm, H.D. Ochs, and J.A. Winkelstein. Fifth edition, 2004.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention fact sheet, "Young People at Risk: HIV/AIDS Among America's Youth." Updated March 11, 2002.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "HIV/AIDS Special Surveillance Report: Enhanced Perinatal Surveillance United States, 1999-2001." No. 4, 2004.
- Marc Santora, "U.S. Is Close to Eliminating AIDS in Infants, Officials Say," The New York Times. January 30, 2005.
- United States Senate Appropriations Committee, S. Rpt. 100-189, 1987.
- Health Resources and Services Administration. "2001 Ryan White CARE Act Title IV Data Slides."
- Title IV was reauthorized in the Ryan White CARE Act Amendments of 2000, however, a legislative drafting error incorrectly amended the years of authorization.
- Conference Committee on Consolidated Appropriations Bill, FY 2004. H. Rpt. 108-401. Jan. 2004.
- Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General, "Reducing Obstetrician Barriers to Offering HIV Testing." Pgs. 12-13, April 2002.
- Health Resources and Services Administration. Letter from Betty Duke, Administrator, to CDC/HRSA Advisory Committee on HIV and STD Prevention and Treatment. May 7, 2004.