- Current and valid M.D., D.O., P.A., N.P., or Pharm.D. license to practice in your state
- Have clinically managed at least 20 HIV patients in the past two years
- Demonstrate continuous professional development by one of three ways:
- Successfully completing the ID Board certification or maintenance of certification (recertification) examination for the current year (M.D.s and D.O.s); or
- Completing annually at least 30 hours of HIV-related CME Category 1 credits*; or
- Completing annually at least 15 hours of HIV-related CME Category 1 credits* plus passing the HCME (HIV Medicine Competency Exam) -- a self-assessment tool, a short web-based/take-home exam weighted to emphasize the 28 most recent Educational Objectives
*Continuing Education Units for D.O.s, N.P.s, P.A.s, and Pharm.D.s.
Back to The Nexus Summer 2001 contents page.