- Few people know how destructive the AIDS epidemic still is in America.
- Few people know the Ryan White Comprehensive AIDS Resources Emergency Act helps HIV/AIDS patients get medical care they could not otherwise afford.
- Even fewer people know the Ryan White CARE Act will expire September 30th.
- The American Academy of HIV Medicine and its Reauthorization Campaign partners* are conducting a campaign to raise awareness that:
- HIV/AIDS is still a major problem in this country, especially for patients who cant afford medical care.
- The Ryan White CARE Act is still sorely needed. It must not only continue, but must also be strengthened.
- Everyone has a stake in getting the legislation reauthorized in Congress.
Please Sign Up to Help
Simply print out this form, check off one or more of the boxes below, fill in your name and contact information, and fax it to Greg Smiley at AAHIVM at 202-659-0976.
Yes, I want to be part of the Ryan White ACTION Campaign. I am willing to:
- Share real-life experiences about how the Ryan White CARE Act has helped my patients (in local and national print, broadcast media, and/or Congressional testimony)
- Enlist HIV/AIDS patients willing to tell their personal stories (on Capitol Hill, at special events in my area, and in various media coverage)
- Submit op-ed pieces (prepared by media campaign staff) over my signature to my local newspapers
City, State, Zip:Advertisement
*The AIDS Institute, HIV Medicine Association, and National Alliance of State & Territorial AIDS Directors