2. If you were infected with HIV, you might show symptoms ...
A. within a few weeks
B. within a year
C. in 10 or more years
D. any of the above
3. T or F: New HIV/AIDS drug treatments have lowered the number of AIDS-related deaths in the United States.
4. T or F: If you are HIV positive and pregnant, there are medicines you can take that can greatly decrease the chances of your baby having HIV.
5. HIV is not present in ...
A. semen and vaginal secretions
D. breast milk
6. T or F: Only drug users and gay men need to worry about becoming infected with HIV.
7. You can become infected with HIV by ...
A. sharing utensils with or drinking from the same cup as someone with HIV
B. mosquito bites
C. hugging someone with HIV
D. none of the above
8. T or F: Using protection such as a latex barrier when performing sex (vaginal, oral or anal) lowers the risk of HIV transmission.
9. T or F: Women will not get HIV if they use birth control pills and/or a diaphragm.
10. How many people worldwide are newly infected with HIV each day?
A. fewer than 500
C. more than 5,000
D. more than 15,000