Print this page
Back to Web version of article
December 1, 2000
- CAPS. Center for AIDS Prevention Studies.
- CAPS. Is Hepatitis C (HCV) Transmission Preventable? September 1999.
- CAPS. Do condoms work? 1996.
- CAPS. What is Testing's Role in HIV Prevention? 1996.
- CDC. National Prevention Information Network, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention, Divisions of HIV/AIDS Prevention.
- CDC. Need for Sustained HIV Prevention for Gay and Bisexual Men: HIV Infections Continue at High Levels Among Men of All Races with Dramatic Impact Among Men of Color. January 2000.
- CDC. HIV/AIDS Cases Among Gay And Bisexual Men of Color Now Exceed Cases Among White Gay And Bisexual Men. January 2000.
- CDC. Parent-Adolescent Discussions about Sex and Condoms: Impact on Peer Influences of Sexual Risk Behaviour. March 2000.
- CDC. HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report (end-of-year). Volume 11, No. 2. 1999.
- CDC. HIV/AIDS Among U.S. Women: Minority and Young Women at Continuing Risk. 1999.
- CDC. Drug Associated HIV Transmission Continues in the United States. August 1999.
- CDC. Compendium of HIV Prevention Interventions with Evidence of Effectiveness, from CDC's HIV/AIDS Prevention Research Synthesis Project. November 1999.
- CDC. Status of Perinatal HIV Prevention: U.S. Declines Continue. November 1999.
- CDC. The Deadly Intersection Between TB and HIV. November 1999.
- CDC. HIV Transmission. June 1998.
- CDC. Recent HIV/AIDS Treatment Advances and the Implications for Prevention. June 1998.
- CDC. Living with HIV/AIDS. September 1998.
- CDC. Dangerous Intersection of Drug Use and Sexual HIV Transmission Points to Critical Need for Comprehensive HIV Prevention Among Drug Users. September 1998.
- CDC. What is HIV? November 1998.
- CDC. HIV/AIDS and U.S. Women who have Sex with Women (WSW), July 1997.
- CDC. Overview for HIV Antibody Testing. October 1997.
- CDC. Evaluation of Testing. October 1997.
- CDC. Condoms and Their Use in Preventing HIV Infection and other STDs. February 1996.
- CDC. HIV Counseling, Testing and Referral Standards and Guidelines. May 1994.
- "Closing Address by Former President Nelson Mandela at the 13th International AIDS Conference, 14 July 2000, Durban." July 2000.
- Directory of Operating Grants: A Reference Directory Identifying General Operating Grants Available to Non-profit Organizations. 1998.
- DOJ. Department of Justice.
- DOJ. Questions and Answers: The Americans with Disabilities Act and Persons with HIV/AIDS. July 1996.
- Friedman, Steven. Africa News Service. "Getting the AIDS Politics Wrong." July 15, 2000.
- GMHC. Gay Men's Health Crisis.
- Jones, Carolyn. Living Proof, Courage in the Face of AIDS. Abbeville Press Publishers: New York. 1994.
- "In Africa, Worst of AIDS Yet to Come" June 27, 2000.
- Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. One Expert's Opinion: Jeff Sachs on AIDS in Africa. July 2000.
- LPR Publications. AIDS Policy and Law Newsletter. June 23, 2000.
- Medscape. Link Found Between AIDS Medications and Diabetes. May 23, 2000.
- Medscape. Physicians Call for Universal HIV Screening of Pregnant Women. May 24, 2000.
- Medscape. Senate Passes Africa AIDS Bill. July 2000.
- "New Data Shows Tremendous Impact of AIDS on Developing World." July 10, 2000.
- NASTAD. HIV Prevention Overview - HIV Prevention for the Third Decade of AIDS. March 2000.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. Community Drug Alert Bulletin: Hepatitis C. May 2000.
- National Association of People with AIDS. Take the Test, Take Control Campaign Kit. 1999.
- National Vital Statistics Reports, Vol. 47, No. 19, June 30, 1999.
- NIAID. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
- NIAID. Researchers Identify a Simple, Inexpensive Drug Regimen That is Highly Effective in Preventing Mother-to-Child HIV Transmission. July 1999.
- NORA-National Organizations Responding to AIDS. AIDS Appropriations Recommendations Fiscal Year 2001. Washington D.C. March 2000.
- PAHO. Pan American Health Organization.
- Pollack, William. Real Boys. Owl Books: New York. 1998.
- Public Media Center and the AIDS National Interfaith Network. Faith and AIDS: American Faith Communities Respond to the AIDS Epidemic. March 1998.
- Rauch, Jonathan. National Journal. "In Africa, the Virus is AIDS, the Disease is Poverty." January 22, 2000.
- Sachs, Jeffrey. HIV Non-intervention: A Costly Option, A New Framework for Globalization. July 2000.
- Sternberg, Steve. USA Today. "UN to Buy, Sell AIDS Drugs for Poor Nations." July 11, 2000.
- UNAIDS. Joint United Nations Program on HIV/AIDS.
- UNAIDS. Men and AIDS a Gendered Approach. 2000 World AIDS Campaign.
- UNAIDS. Report on the Global HIV/AIDS Epidemic. June 2000.
- UNAIDS. Statement to the Security Council by Executive Director. UNAIDS, Peter Piot. July 2000.
- UNAIDS. AIDS Epidemic Update. December 1999.
- UNAIDS. Global Summary of the HIV/AIDS Epidemic. December 1999.
- Washington Post. "Fighting AIDS." January 6, 2000.
- WHO Fact Sheet No.242. Women and HIV/AIDS. June 2000.
- WHO Fact Sheet No.239. Violence Against Women. June 2000.
- WHO. Global Situation of the HIV/AIDS Pandemic. 1999.
- Will, George. Newsweek. "AIDS Crushes a Continent." January 10, 2000.
This article was provided by American Association for World Health. It is a part of the publication AIDS: All Men -- Make a Difference!.
You can find this article online by typing this address into your Web browser:
General Disclaimer: TheBody.com is designed for educational purposes only and is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services. The information provided through TheBody.com should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or a disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, consult your health care provider.