The Resource Train
Tips for Reducing Stress
1) Don't be afraid of stress. Learn to notice it and name it for what it is. It brings you messages and opportunities!
2) Have a good cry. Science says that tears actually get rid of chemicals in body created by stress!
3) Do something nice for someone else!
4) Get a massage from a licensed massage therapist.
5) Use meditation, and/or creative visualization.
6) Get plenty of rest.
7) Take a vacation, whether for 30 minutes, a day, a weekend or more! Do nothing or do something you love and find relaxing.
8) Exercise or do some physical activity. Move your body!
9) Simplify your life. Keep your responsibilities and obligations outside work and family to a minimum.
10) Laugh and have fun. Lighten up and spread it around.
11) Nurture yourself. Treat yourself to something you like.
12) Nurture yourself spiritually, in whatever way is meaningful for you.
13) Remember that you have the power to co-create your life! No matter what the circumstance, you can still have power over the attitude you take towards it.
National Stress Awareness Day is Wednesday, November 1, 2000, so start on you stress reduction plan today!!!
Local: (in the Atlanta, Georgia area)
Positively Living Monday Night Group (open)
Women's HIV Support Group (closed)
Individual Counseling and Support Groups
HIV Yoga Class
Wholistic Stress Control Institute
International Alternative Medicine
AIDS Treatment Initiatives
American Psychiatric Association
NIMH, Clinical Trials
Stress Free Net
The Stress Education Center
International Stress Management Association
This article was provided by AIDS Survival Project. It is a part of the publication Survival News.