- Side Effects, Lipodystrophy: Free Telephone Conference September 15
A one-hour conference call will summarize new research being presented in Toronto.
- Kaletra (ABT-378/r) Early Access Program Can Accept More Patients
More patients can now receive this experimental protease inhibitor.
- Scrub Typhus: Infection Reduces Viral Load in Some Patients
The first infection known which can temporarily reduce HIV viral load may open new directions in AIDS treatment research.
- ICAAC Research Conference: Free Telephone Summary September 19
A one-hour expert summary of major AIDS developments at the Toronto ICAAC conference.
- ICAAC, September 17 -20 in Toronto
We list many AIDS presentations scheduled for this major conference on new antibiotics.
- Global Resistance Day, September 16, Toronto
Worldwide meeting will look at the increasingly serious problem of antibiotic resistance.
- Oakland, California: HIV Drug Resistance Talk, August 31
Michelle Roland, M.D., will talk with patients and others about HIV drug resistance.
- Viral Hepatitis Summit for San Francisco Area Organizations
Service providers can learn the basics of hepatitis C, B, and other viral liver infections in this one-day meeting.
- United States Conference on AIDS, Atlanta, Georgia, October 1-4
Skills-building conference expects over 3,000 service providers, others.
- Health Insurance Reimbursement Legislation
How to stop insurance companies from drastically raising medicine deductibles and copayments when patients need expensive drugs.
- Prevention: Changing Focus in San Francisco
New statistics show troubling rise in HIV infections among gay men, decrease in heterosexual transmissions in San Francisco with needle exchange.
- ACT UP/Philadelphia Arrest Followup
Focus now shifts to legal defense.
ISSN # 1052-4207
Copyright 2000 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.