September 8, 2000
- Lauritsen, John, lecture at San Francisco HEAL meeting, Park Branch Public Library, March 14, 1997.
- Crumbley, Dorcus, CDC spokeswoman, personal communication, 8/10/00.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. HIV and AIDS Cases Reported Through December, 1999 Year-End Edition, Vol. 11, No. 2., table 22.
Alive and Well AIDS Alternatives, "AIDS Myth Busters," http://www.aliveandwell.org, undated (viewed 8/14/00).
- Maggiore, Christine, What if Everything You Thought You Knew About AIDS Was Wrong? 4th edition, American Foundation for AIDS Alternatives, 2000, p.21.
- Farber, Celia, "Science Fiction," Gear, March, 2000.
- Lemp, G., et al. "Projected incidence of AIDS in San Francisco: The Peak and Decline of an Epidemic." Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes and Human Retrovirology, 1997, 16:3, 182-89.
- ACT UP San Francisco flyer, "Genocide From the AIDS Office,"1997.
- "Antigay AIDS scare sparks silly string scandal," ACT UP San Francisco press release, 8/9/00.
- Katz, Mitchell, personal communication, 8/11/00.
- Rasnick, David, "The AIDS blunder, how could it happen?" Rethinking AIDS, 8:8, 1-2, July 2000.
- McNaghten, A.D., et al, "Effects of antiretroviral therapy and opportunistic illness primary chemoprophylaxis on survival after AIDS Diagnosis," AIDS 1999 13:13, 1687-95.
- Kaplan, J., et al, "Epidemiology of Human Immunodeficiency Virus-associated opportunistic infections in the United States in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy," Clinical Infectious Diseases, 2000; 30 (Supplement 1), S5-14.
- Palella, F., et al, "Declining morbidity and mortality among patients with advanced human immunodeficiency virus infection," New England Journal of Medicine, 338:13, 853-60, 1998, March 26.
- Mocroft, A., et al, "Changing patterns of mortality across Europe in patients infected with HIV-1," The Lancet, 352: 1725- 30, Nov. 28, 1998.
- Mocroft, A., and others, "AIDS across Europe, 1994-98: the EuroSIDA study," The Lancet, 356: 291-96, July 22, 2000.
- Egger, M. and others, "Impact of new antiretroviral combination therapies in HIV infected patients in Switzerland: Prospective multicentre study," British Medical Journal, 315: 1194-9, Nov. 8, 1997.
- Dorrucci, Maria and others, "Temporal changes in the rate of progression to death among Italians with known date of HIV seroconversion: Estimates of the population effect of treatment," Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, 22:1, 65-70, Sept. 1, 1999.
- DeMartino, M. and others, "Reduction in mortality with availability of antiretroviral therapy for children with perinatal HIV-1 infection," Journal of the American Medical Association, 284:190-7, July 12, 2000.
- Hogg, R.S., et al, "Improved survival among HIV-infected patients after initiation of triple-drug antiretroviral regimens," CMAJ, 1999: 160:659-65.
- Schwarcz, S. and others, "Impact of protease inhibitors and other antiretroviral treatments on acquired immunodeficiency syndrome survival in San Francisco, CA 1987-1996," American Journal of Epidemiology. 152:2. 178-85, 2000.
- Schwarcz, S. and others, "Trends in AIDS survival in San Francisco: Does treatment continue to be effective?" 13th International AIDS Conference, abstract # ThOrC722.
- Reiter, G., and Wojnarowski, C., "Steep declines in mortality and no AIDS deaths in HAART treated patients," 13th International AIDS Conference, abstract # MoPe2491
- Reiter, G., personal communication, Aug. 13., 2000.
- Duesberg, P., "The role of drugs in the origin of AIDS," Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy, 46:3-15, 1992.
- Duesberg, P. and Rasnick, D., "The AIDS dilemma: Drug diseases blamed on a passenger virus," Genetica, 104:85-132, 1998.
- Maggiore, p. 30.
- Pasquarelli, D., "Dynamic duo ready for trial!" Aug. 13, 2000.
- Glaxo Wellcome, annual reports: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb, annual reports: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, National Household Survey on Drug Abuse, 1999.
- McNall, M. and Remafedi, G., "Relationship of amphetamine and other substance use to unprotected intercourse among young men who have sex with men," Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, 153:1130-6, Nov., 1999.
- Duesberg, P. Inventing the AIDS Virus, Chapter 9, Regnery, 1995.
ISSN # 1052-4207
Copyright 2000 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.
Back to the AIDS Treatment News September 8, 2000 contents page.
This article was provided by AIDS Treatment News
. It is a part of the publication AIDS Treatment News.