Deadlines start now for the 8th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, which will be held February 4-8, 2001 in Chicago. This important scientific conference is always held in a location too small to accommodate all who want to go and would be allowed to attend; so if you want to get in you need to pay close attention to arrangements, especially any of the following dates that apply to you.
- Paper abstract submission deadline, October 13, 2000.
- Fellow/graduate student travel grant application deadline, October 13.
- Researchers from developing countries travel grant application deadline, October 13.
- Electronic abstract submission deadline, October 16 (by 5:30 p.m. EST). Abstract dispositions will be sent by November 13.
- Preferred registration/housing opens for invited speakers and authors with accepted abstracts (2 per abstract), November 15.
- Registration/housing opens for other researchers and clinicians, December 1 [when physicians stand by their fax machine to have the best chance of getting in].
- Final registration/housing deadline, December 31 [probably not applicable, as registration stops at 3,200 this year, and almost always fills before the end of the month].
- Late breaker abstract deadline, January 3, 2001.
More information will be available at http://www.retroconference.org.
ISSN # 1052-4207
Copyright 2000 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.
Back to the AIDS Treatment News September 22, 2000 contents page.