- Kaletra (ABT-378/r) Approved
Details and information sources on Kaletra (lopinavir plus low-dose ritonavir), a newly approved protease inhibitor approved last week.
- New Finding on Immune Response to HIV Tat May Contribute to Vaccine, Treatment
A study in monkeys has provided important information on how the immune response to HIV develops, why it is usually not sufficient, and how vaccine approaches might be tested more effectively in the future.
- Immune-based Therapies: FDA Meeting October 16
The FDA is holding a public meeting of its Antiviral Drugs Advisory Committee, about what guidance it should give to companies developing immune-based treatments. The current lack of knowledge and consensus on how to test these treatments is holding back drug development.
- ICAAC, Lipodystrophy, IDSA: Conference Summaries on Web
Several important conferences this month have expert summaries on the Web, allowing patients and professionals alike to find out what leading researchers and physicians are thinking.
- 2001 Retroviruses Conference, Chicago: Deadlines Start in October
Several deadlines for February's Retroviruses conference are approaching.
- Brazil AIDS Success: Washington Post Report
It's prevention and treatment programs are being recognized as a model by other countries.
- Critical Path Newsletter: Kiyoshi Kuromiya Memorial, Prison Resources
The Critical Path AIDS Project newsletter has continued publication after the death of its founder.
- Treatment and Survival Special Issue: How to Reprint for Clients
We designed our last issue for physicians, case managers, and others to give to clients when necessary, to counter the misinformation campaigns that are telling people with AIDS to avoid medical care.
ISSN # 1052-4207
Copyright 2000 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.