Print this page
Back to Web version of article
AIDS Treatment News
Table of Contents, November 3, 2000
- Enteric-coated ddI Approved: FDA Letter
A new form of ddI -- named VIDEX EC -- is easier to take.
- Retroviruses Conference: Registration Deadline for Community Attendance is November 17, 2000
AIDS advocates, activists, and "community press" must apply by November 17, 2000 to attend the Retroviruses conference in Chicago in February.
- Durban Conference Searchable Abstracts Now Available on the Web
Finally, anyone can search and read the full text of the abstracts of the XIII International Conference on AIDS.
- Bitter Publication Dispute on Remune Study: More Than Meets the Eye?
Background on the high-profile dispute over the recent publication of the large HIV immunogen study.
- Many People with HIV/AIDS Not Getting Proper Treatment
A study of four large states -- Texas, Florida, California, and New York -- found that up to two thirds of persons who need expensive HIV drugs are excluded by budgets, rules, and other obstacles in the Medicaid and ADAP programs.
- Flu Shot Time: Vaccine Shortage in Many Areas
A nationwide shortage of influenza vaccine has limited inoculations to persons at high risk in many areas.
- Help Wanted: AIDS Writer for amfAR in New York
The American Foundation for AIDS Research seeks a writer for brochures, annual report, Web content, etc.
- AIDS Treatment News Price Increase January 1, 2001; Act Now to Renew at Current Rate
You can avoid the price increase by renewing before December 31, 2000.
- HIV Treatment and Survival: Easy Language Version
"Low literacy" version of the longer article on AIDS treatment and survival published last September in AIDS Treatment News #350.
- Has Anti-HIV Treatment Cut AIDS Deaths?
ISSN # 1052-4207
Copyright 2000 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.
This article was provided by AIDS Treatment News. It is a part of the publication AIDS Treatment News.
You can find this article online by typing this address into your Web browser:
General Disclaimer: TheBody.com is designed for educational purposes only and is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services. The information provided through TheBody.com should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or a disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, consult your health care provider.