- Enteric-coated ddI Approved: FDA Letter
A new form of ddI -- named VIDEX EC -- is easier to take.
- Retroviruses Conference: Registration Deadline for Community Attendance is November 17, 2000
AIDS advocates, activists, and "community press" must apply by November 17, 2000 to attend the Retroviruses conference in Chicago in February.
- Durban Conference Searchable Abstracts Now Available on the Web
Finally, anyone can search and read the full text of the abstracts of the XIII International Conference on AIDS.
- Bitter Publication Dispute on Remune Study: More Than Meets the Eye?
Background on the high-profile dispute over the recent publication of the large HIV immunogen study.
- Many People with HIV/AIDS Not Getting Proper Treatment
A study of four large states -- Texas, Florida, California, and New York -- found that up to two thirds of persons who need expensive HIV drugs are excluded by budgets, rules, and other obstacles in the Medicaid and ADAP programs.
- Flu Shot Time: Vaccine Shortage in Many Areas
A nationwide shortage of influenza vaccine has limited inoculations to persons at high risk in many areas.
- Help Wanted: AIDS Writer for amfAR in New York
The American Foundation for AIDS Research seeks a writer for brochures, annual report, Web content, etc.
- AIDS Treatment News Price Increase January 1, 2001; Act Now to Renew at Current Rate
You can avoid the price increase by renewing before December 31, 2000.
- HIV Treatment and Survival: Easy Language Version
"Low literacy" version of the longer article on AIDS treatment and survival published last September in AIDS Treatment News #350.
- Has Anti-HIV Treatment Cut AIDS Deaths?
ISSN # 1052-4207
Copyright 2000 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.